Install OrDroid Custom ROM for HTC One
OrDroid ROM for HTC One packs many tweaks for the phone sporting Sense 5.0 and Jelly Bean. Deodexed, zipaligned and recompressed, OrDroid includes SuperUser, BusyBox and SQLite app. OrDroid custom ROM has a great clean look and feel as it retains the original gui.
OrDroid is multi-language custom ROM and comes with performance and memory optimization. It features ramdisk tweaks, includes AROMA installer and also offers very good battery life.
Prereqs to install OrDroid Custom ROM for HTC One:
- Your HTC One must be with an unlocked bootloader: please check this tutorial to unlock bootloader in HTC One.
- Custom recovery like CWM or TWRP recovery must be installed in your HTC One: check these guides to install ClockworkMod recovery or TWRP recovery on HTC One.
- Your computer must have HTC One drivers. Use HTC Sync to install USB drivers for One.
- And finally the most important advice: backup everything because flashing may cause data loss in the device.
Note: this tutorial is only intended for HTC One Jelly Bean users. Please don't try it on other Android devices.
How to install OrDroid custom ROM for HTC One:
Required files: Download fastoot package on your PC and unzip the fastboot.zip file into C drive c:\. It will generate fastboot folder containing four files.
Next, download the OrDroid ROM for HTC One from here and unzip the ROM file. Get the boot.img file and copy the it to fastboot folder - now you have 5 files in fastboot.
- Switch off your HTC One. Reboot into recovery mode: hold down volume up and power buttons.
- Create Nandroid backup of your current ROM from recovery mode from Backup and Restore > Backup - very important step to restore to your current ROM.
- In fastboot mode, connect your phone to computer using a USB cable.
- Now open the fastboot folder and run flash-boot-windows.bat file which will install the boot.img file.
- Once the installation is finished successfully, disconnect your HTC One from computer.
- On your phone, select HBOOT > recovery to enter in recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, perform wipe operations: select the wipe data/factory reset and confirm on the next screen. Next wipe cache and finally wipe dalvik cache from advanced > wipe dalvik cache.
- From the main menu, select Install Zip from SD Card followed by Choose Zip from SD Card. Locate the downloaded ROM kernel file and confirm installation.
- When the installation is done, select Go Back and select Reboot System Now.
Ta da! The OrDroid custom ROM for HTC One is now installed on your favourite smart phone.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter