Update Motorola Droid RAZR HD to Android 4.2.2 with Slim Bean
You can now upgrade your Motorola Droid RAZR HD model XT926 – thanks to the third-party XDA devs. The v5.6 version has been rolled out and in this tutorial we will be flashing the same on Razr HD XT926. Slim Bean build 5 carries the lightness of Android 4.2.2 AOSP with some incredible features like Hands Free allowing you to take photos using the proximity sensor, Nova Launcher, Smart capture and other performance optimizations. Slim Bean is considered as one of the best custom ROMs available for Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
Prerequisites to update Motorola Droid RAZR HD to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with Slim Bean Custom ROM:
- Take a backup of all your important data including contacts, messages, apps and the current ROM as the tutorial will ask you to wipe the data.
- Perform a Nandroid Backup which would help you to restore to current state in case you do not like Slim Bean or want to switch back due to any other reasons.
- Your Motorola Droid Razr HD must be rooted.
- Ensure that custom recovery tool like ClockworkMod recovery or TWRP is installed on your Razr HD.
- Make sure to enable the USB debugging option.
- Your device should be charged up to at least 60% of battery.
How to update Motorola Droid RAZR HD to Android 4.2.2 JB with Slim Bean:
- Connect your RAZR HD with your computer using the USB cable and copy the downloaded files from your PC to the phone’s SD card.
- Remove the USB cable as the computer is no longer required and turn your HD XT926 off.
- Reboot your device into recovery mode.
- Now perform wipe operations: from the recovery mode, select wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition.
- Return to the main menu by choosing +++go back+++.
- Next, select install zip from SD card followed by choose zip from SD card. Locate the Slim Bean firmware file and flash it on Razr HD.
- Once the firmware is successfully installed, repeat the above step for installing Google Apps Package.
- At the end, from recovery, select +++go back+++ and reboot system now.
Your Motorola Droid RAZR HD XT926 should now be running the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Slim Bean custom ROM!