Update Nexus 7 to CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Nightly Custom ROM
You can now update Nexus 7 to CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Nightly custom ROM, available for the WiFi model. This custom ROM is based on the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware bringing in improved performance and bug fixes.
Important: For those asking us to try our tutorials on other Android devices, please ONLY try on the devices and model numbers mentioned in the posts or you might get your device hard bricked. This guide is only for rooting Nexus 7 (WiFi). Please do not try this guide on any other device. You can check your device’s model number in: Settings > About phone.
To install CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 nightly custom ROM on Nexus 7, read this simple tutorial. Please make sure that you take care of all the pre-reqs before moving towards the rooting process.
Pre requisites before you update Nexus 7 to CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Nightly Jelly Bean Custom ROM:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Nexus device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Nexus 7 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Nexus 7 carries more than 80% of charge.
Root your Nexus 7 to CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Nightly Custom ROM:
Download the required file: Download CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Nightly Custom ROM for Nexus 7
- Connect your Nexus 7 to your computer and copy the downloaded ROM file to your phone's SdCard.
- Turn your Nexus device off and go into the Bootloader mode: switch your tablet on by pressing Volume Up, Down and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Navigate to Recovery Mode once you are in Bootloader mode.
- Wipe the data in CWM by going to wipe data/factory reset > Yes path.
- Now from sdcard, select flash zip from sdcard and choose zip from sdcard. Locate to Android 4.2.2 Nightly ROM file copied earlier and select using power button. Confirm installation to start the flashing process.
- Once the installation is completed, go to +++++Go Back and reboot your Nexus 7 from recovery menu to boot it into the newly rooted ROM.
By following these simple steps you would be able successfully flash your nexus 7 device to the latest Android 4.2.2 using the nightly custom ROM.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter