How to Download YouTube Videos [Tutorial]
Watching YouTube videos over WiFi or cellular data is great and all, but you will always find a need to watch them offline. If you're planning to go on a vacation and you're worried if there will be enough signals on the way to watch YouTube videos or would the place where you're staying would have WiFi. Well, you don't have to worry about any of that for you can download YouTube videos on your iPhone or Android phone and even on your iPad.
Here's How to Download YouTube Videos on Your iOS and Android Device - A Few Simple Steps
There's not much that you have to do and downloading your favorite YouTube video on your iPhone or Android is now even simpler. Moreover, you don't need any kind of app to make it happen, it's that simple. If you're unfamiliar, we have devised a list of instructions that you can follow on your smartphone.
Download YouTube Videos on iPhone/iPad
1. The first thing that you have to do is to launch the YouTube app on your iPhone.
2. Now, play your favorite YouTube video that you want to download.
3. When the video is playing, simply tap on the Download button.
4. Once it is downloaded, in order to watch it, tap on Library.
5. Now, tap on Downloads and you're good to go. The downloaded video will be available to you for offline viewing.
Download YouTube Videos on Android Phone
While the process is the same on Android, you do have more controls. YouTube on Android will let you choose the video quality.
1. Upon playing the video that you want to download, tap on the Download button. You will be prompted to choose the quality. Tap the one that you want and the video will be downloaded.
2. Once it is downloaded, tap on Library and then tap on Downloads.
3. Your video will be displayed to you that you can watch offline, without an internet connection.
How to Remove Downloaded YouTube Video
You can remove the video from the Downloads list by tapping on the three dots next to the video. Tap on it and the option to remove the video will appear.
That's all that you have to do in order to download YouTube videos on your iOS and Android phones. Take note that YouTube does not allow you to download videos in your camera roll or gallery. Moreover, you also can't download songs for offline listening. It is really great to have the feature available these days when there are times when you don't have data on your phone. Do check it out and let us know how it worked out for you.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter