How to Change Sound Volume on Windows 11
Settings have changed a little in Windows 11 as compared to what they were in Windows 10. Suppose you are a little baffled by the new settings—no need to worry because once you explore the settings a bit, everything is relatively straightforward. Sound settings have changed a bit too. However, changing volume is as simple as ever. This tutorial will address this and show you how to change the sound volume on Windows 11.
Change Sound Volume Windows 11
There are different ways to change the volume, and you can choose whichever you find the simplest.
- Click on the volume icon at the bottom right corner of the taskbar. (You can also use the shortcut keys Win + A).
- You can use the slider bar to adjust the volume from 0 to 100.
- If you wish to mute, click on the speaker icon next to the slider bar. It will mute the sound.
- Right-click on the sound icon on the taskbar.
- Click on Sound Settings.
- In the Output section, ensure that the sound output is set to computer speakers and not any other device like headphones.
- Next to the Volume option, there is a slider bar that you can adjust from 0 to 100 to change the volume. Like what you did in the Action Center, you can mute the sound entirely by clicking on the speaker icon next to the slider bar.m
Change Sound Volume Windows 11 Using Hardware Buttons
If you are using a Windows PC, Laptop or Tablet, you have hardware buttons available that you can use to adjust the volume. Your keyboard usually has the volume up and down buttons, and on your tablets, you may find the volume up and down buttons on the side.