Downgrade iPadOS / iOS 13.1 Back to iOS 12 [Tutorial]
Here is a complete tutorial on how to downgrade iPadOS or iOS 13.1 back to iOS 12 on your iPad or iPhone, iPod touch right now.
Make sure you check out the following:
At the time of writing Apple is signing iOS 13 as well as iOS 12.4.1. This means that you can either revert to an older edition of iOS 13.x or go straight back to the old-school iOS 12.4.1 release, which we all know is super stable for all iPhone, iPad and iPod touch users out there. Besides, since we are still riding the early version train of iOS 13.x, therefore it is a good idea to stick with something that's far more stable than anything else out there. In this case, that is iOS 12.4.1.
Note: If you are planning to downgrade iPadOS / iOS 13.1 to iOS 12.4.1, please make sure that you have backed up everything to iCloud or iTunes. It only takes a few minutes and will protect your data from being lost.
1. Since we are focusing on iOS 12.4.1 in this tutorial therefore download the necessary IPSW file from the links below.
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 and iPhone 7
- iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone SE and iPhone 5s
- iPhone 6s and iPhone 6
- iPhone 6s Plus and iPhone 6 Plus
- iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation)
- iPad Pro 10.5 and iPad Pro 12.9 (2nd-Generation)
- iPad 5 and iPad 6
- iPad mini 5 and iPad Air 3
- iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch
- iPad Pro 12.9 (1st-Generation)
- iPad Air and iPad mini 2
- iPod touch 6
- iPod touch 7
Downgrading your iPhone to iOS 13.0 instead? Download the IPSW from here.
2. Connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch to your PC or Mac using a Lightning cable and launch iTunes. If you are connecting for the first time then you will be required to trust your computer and enter your passcode on your iOS phone or tablet.
3. Your phone or tablet will show up in the top left hand corner. Click on the tiny iPhone or iPad-like icon to reveal more settings.
4. Now click on the Restore iPhone/iPad button while holding down the left Shift key (Windows) or the left Option key (macOS).
5. Select the iOS 12.4.1 or iOS 13.0 IPSW file you downloaded in step 1 and let iTunes performing the restore.
Once the downgrade is complete, you'll boot straight into the iOS 12 Hello screen. You have the option of settings up your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch as brand new, or you can restore from a previous backup to get started from where you left off.