You can easily root your Moto G with Superboot. Superboot is a kernel image file which is used to install SU binaries and APK on your Moto G. Here is how to get the most of this popular mid-level, Quad-core 1.2GHz, Snapdragon 400 powered Android device. Root Moto G and start installing custom firmwares!
Note: this guide mentions steps for Windows, Mac and Linux.
Prerequisites to root Moto G with Superboot:
- Your device's bootloader should be unlocked; you can easily do it from Motorola Website.
- Before rooting, create a backup of your Moto G as unlocking will erase all the data from your device.
- Your Moto G must charged to at least 60% before you start the process.
How to root Moto G with superboot:
- Power your Moto G off; press Volume Down and Power buttons altogether to boot your device into bootloader mode.
- Connect your Moto G to the computer using a USB cable and do the following:
- For Windows: run superboot-windows.bat as an Administrator.
- For MAC, open a terminal window to the directory containing the superboot files and type the following commands:
- chmod +x superboot-mac.sh
- sudo ./superboot-mac.sh
- For Linux, open a terminal window to the directory and type the following:
- chmod +x superboot-linux.sh
- sudo ./superboot-linux.sh
Ta da! Reboot your Moto G and you will have the super access to your device. Enjoy the real FREE mobile life.