Root Nexus 10 on Android 5.1.1 LMY47V Official Update – How to
Nexus 10 has just received LMY47V Android 5.1.1 Lollipop official update. If you have updated to this latest version, you must have lost the root access of your tablet. Here is how to root Nexus 10 Android 5.1.1 LMY47V Lollipop and get back the system access.
Prereqs to check before you root Nexus 10 Android 5.1.1 LMY47V official update:
- Download Android SDK and install USB drivers.
- Enable USB debugging by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Your Nexus 10 must be on LMY47V Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
- Ensure that your Nexus 10 carries more than 70% of charge
Root Nexus 10 Android 5.1.1 LMY47V Lollipop:
Required files: 1- download Fastboot from the following links depending on your OS:
Extract the above in android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory; create this directory if you cannot see one.
3- Download SuperSU v2.46.zip and copy it to your tablet’s SD card root folder.
- Switch off Nexus 10.
- Enter Fastboot Mode: press Volume Down and Power keys for a few seconds until you see text on the screen.
- On your computer, navigate to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory and open Command Prompt by this key combo: Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt.
- Type the following command:
- fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-184.108.40.206-manta.img
- When done, from the Fastboot menu, go to Recovery mode on your Nexus tablet.
- Scroll down to flash zip from SD card > choose zip from sdcard.
- Navigate to the SuperSU zip file that you had copied to the SD card earlier. Select it using the Power button. Confirm installation.
- Once done, return by selecting +++++Go Back > reboot system now.
Ta da! When your tablet is on again, it is not only rooted on the latest Android 5.1.1 LMY47V Lollipop update but also has a custom recovery installed on it. Enjoy the rooted fun of Lollipop!