Here’s How To Install Cyanogen Mod 12 On Your OnePlus One Handset
A few days back, Cyanogen had released its newest ROM for the OnePlus One handset. Even though Cyanogen kept its users waiting for a long time, the bug fixes that enabled the update process have finally been patched. The Cyanogen 12 OS is based on the Lollipop flavor of android and still runs the 5.0.2 instead of the 5.1.
The stock version of the OnePlus One handset still ships with the KitKat and the update to Cyanogen 12 OS will prompt shortly. However, moving forward with the topic, if you're OnePlus One runs on a custom ROM, the only way to get the Cyanogen 12 OS is through flashing a TWRP. Here's how you can manually upgrade your OnePlus One with a custom ROM to Cyanogen 12 OS.
Update Your OnePlus One To Cyanogen OS 12 Using TWRP
OnePlus developed its own handling system, OxygenOS which has already been rolled out. If you want to upgrade your set from the OxygenOS, you'll need to do it through the TWRP method. The stock version of OS can be upgraded via the OTA method. Follow the steps and you'll have your Cyanogen OS 12 installed in no time:
- Install the TWRP as your recovery and download the Cyanogen OS 12.
- Boot into TWRP and enable 'Advanced Reboot' from the developers option. Then go to power menu and check 'Recovery'
- You will have to delete or wipe your current ROM to enable Cyanogen OS 12 to be installed. Select 'Wipe' from the TWRP main menu and select 'Advanced Wipe'. Check the Dalvik cache, Data, System and Cache from the next menu. After this, 'Swipe to Wipe' to the bottom.
- Your device does not have any ROM at this stage. Press'Install' and select the Cyanogen OS 12 Zip file that you downloaded previously.
- After you did this, 'Swipe to confirm Flash'. After its complete, select the 'Reboot System' option which will prompt the SuperSU binary option for rooting the device.
There you have it folks, if you follow these instructions correctly, your OnePlus One will have Cyanogen OS 12. The Cyanogen OS 12 has all the features that users are accustomed of. Albeit, new features are also added with a fresh UI that will bring novelty to the user experience. Do try to flash the ROM only if your are familiar with rooting devices because it may involve your data to be permanently wiped. Give it a swirl and let us know in the comments how you liked the Cyanogen OS 12.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter