How to Root HTC One – T-Mobile
This tutorial will run you through the procedure of getting super user rights on your new HTC One powered by T-Mobile. Rooting your Android devices enable you to do everything with your phone giving you full rights. But it does comes with a trade-off of loosing your manufacturer warranty.
Follow this tutorial on your own risks as rooting voids the OEM warranty. This tutorial is specifically written for HTC One models powered by T-Mobile.
Prerequisites before you root HTC One T-Mobile:
- Charge your HTC One to at least 70% of battery level.
- Create backup of all your important data in your HTC One.
- Make sure that USB Drivers for HTC One are installed on your computer.
- Ensure to have your T-Mobile HTC One with an unlocked bootloader and ClockworkMod recovery tool installed.
How to root HTC One T-Mobile:
- Connect your HTC One to PC and copy the downloaded file to the SD Card.
- Switch the device off and reboot it in recovery mode: press and hold volume down and power buttons to enter in bootloader mode. In recovery mode, highlight options using the volume keys and select it with power button.
- Create a Nandroid backup of your current ROM - an important step to restore back if anything goes wrong or you want to move back. Go to Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Now from the menu, select Install Zip from SD Card followed by Choose Zip from SD Card. Locate the downloaded firmware file and confirm the installation.
- Once the installation is completed successfully, return to main menu and select Reboot System Now to reboot HTC One.
Ta da! Your T-Mobile HTC One is now rooted. You can check the root access using Root Checker app from Play Store.