Verizon Galaxy Nexus can now be updated to the latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with the help of unofficial CyanogenMod 10.2 build. This custom ROM build features focal voice+, smart notifications, camera tile, theme chooser, T9 dialer and more! Follow this tutorial to flash CM10.2 Android 4.3 on Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
- Download and install USB drivers for Verizon Galaxy Nexus in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Create backup of all the impor
- Make sure that some recovery tool like ClockworkMod or TWRP is installed.
- Also ensure that your Samsung Galaxy Nexus carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update update Galaxy Nexus to Android 4.3 JB CM 10.2 custom ROM:
Required files: download the CM 10.2 Android 4.3 custom firmware for Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515.
- Mount your device memory on computer using USB cable and copy the CM10.2 custom firmware file.
- Disconnect from PC and switch your Nexus off.
- Boot into recovery mode by pressing and holding volume up, Volume Down and Power buttons.
- Create Nandroid backup: go to Backup and Restore > Backup - important step to be able to restore back if anything does not work out.
- Now from recovery menu perform data wipe operations: go to wipe data/factory reset and confirm the operation. Then go to wipe cache partition to clear the cache and finally go to Advance > Wipe dalvik cache.
- Select install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from Sdcard. Locate the CM10.2 Android 4.3 custom firmware for Samsung Galaxy Nexus and confirm its installation.
- Go back and reboot the smart phone by selecting reboot system now from the recovery menu.
Ta da! CM 10.2 is now flashed on your Verizon Nexus SCH-I515.