Update Galaxy Nexus to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean CM 10.2
Verizon Galaxy Nexus can now be updated to the latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with the help of unofficial CyanogenMod 10.2 build. This custom ROM build features focal voice+, smart notifications, camera tile, theme chooser, T9 dialer and more! Follow this tutorial to flash CM10.2 Android 4.3 on Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
- Download and install USB drivers for Verizon Galaxy Nexus in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Create backup of all the impor
- Make sure that some recovery tool like ClockworkMod or TWRP is installed.
- Also ensure that your Samsung Galaxy Nexus carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update update Galaxy Nexus to Android 4.3 JB CM 10.2 custom ROM:
Required files: download the CM 10.2 Android 4.3 custom firmware for Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515.
- Mount your device memory on computer using USB cable and copy the CM10.2 custom firmware file.
- Disconnect from PC and switch your Nexus off.
- Boot into recovery mode by pressing and holding volume up, Volume Down and Power buttons.
- Create Nandroid backup: go to Backup and Restore > Backup – important step to be able to restore back if anything does not work out.
- Now from recovery menu perform data wipe operations: go to wipe data/factory reset and confirm the operation. Then go to wipe cache partition to clear the cache and finally go to Advance > Wipe dalvik cache.
- Select install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from Sdcard. Locate the CM10.2 Android 4.3 custom firmware for Samsung Galaxy Nexus and confirm its installation.
- Go back and reboot the smart phone by selecting reboot system now from the recovery menu.
Ta da! CM 10.2 is now flashed on your Verizon Nexus SCH-I515.