How to Enter Recovery Mode on Galaxy Note 5 – Mac and Windows
If you want to enter Samsung Galaxy Note 5 recovery mode, it is very easy and simple to do so. You can access various settings like resetting your Galaxy Note 5 to factory settings, wiping cache or installing software updates, among several other things. Here is how to enter into Recovery mode on Samsung Galaxy Note 5, no matter what the variant.
Enter Recovery mode using Note 5 keys:
- Switch your Galaxy Note 5 off.
- Press and hold Power, Volume Up and Home keys.
You will see the Recovery mode screen after a few seconds. Use Power keys to select and Volume keys to scroll through the options.
Galaxy Note 5 Recovery mode on Windows:
Making sure you have USB / ADB drivers installed and ADB configured on your PC, follow the steps below:
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 to your computer using USB cable.
- Navigate to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory and using Shift + Right-click, open the Command prompt.
- Type the following command and press Enter.
- adb reboot recovery
Your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 will now turn off and boot into Recovery mode. Navigate and select with Volume and Power keys, respectively.
Galaxy Note 5 Recovery mode on Mac OS X:
After installing USB drivers / ADB drivers and configuring ADB on your Mac, proceed to the following steps:
- Connect your Note 5 to your Mac using a USB cable.
- Open Terminal and enter the following command. Replace <PATH> with the location of Android SDK. Skip it if it's android-sdk-macosx:
- /<PATH>/android-sdk-macosx/platform-tools/adb reboot recovery and press Enter.
Your Note 5 will now reboot into Recovery mode.