How to Downgrade iOS 11.2 to Earlier Firmware on iPhone, iPad, iPod
Here's how you can downgrade iOS 11.2 to earlier firmware, such as iOS 11.1, iOS 11.1.1, iOS 11.0.3, iOS 11.0.2, iOS 11.0.1.
You Can Downgrade iOS 11.2 Back to iOS 11.1 or Earlier if You Want. But Hurry as Time is Limited.
Apple, at a very, very odd time, released iOS 11.2 download for the masses a while back. The update brings with it several cool new features such as 7.5W fast wireless charging as well as Apple Pay Cash. But like every other iOS release, some might not find the update in good taste for several reasons. If you are looking to downgrade iOS 11.2 to an earlier version of iOS 11 right now, then simply follow the steps outlined below.
Downgrade iOS 11.2 on iPhone, iPad and iPod.
Note: The downgrade process will erase everything off your device, so make sure you have everything backed up on either iTunes or iCloud.
- First and foremost, you have to download the firmware update to which you wish to downgrade to. The currently signed options are as follows: iOS 11.1, iOS 11.1.1, iOS 11.0.3, iOS 11.0.2, iOS 11.0.1. Once downloaded, make sure the IPSW firmware file is saved on the desktop.
- Launch iTunes and connect your device with your PC or Mac with a Lightning cable.
- Select your device from the top left hand corner of iTunes. Basically, you're going to click the little icon that looks like a minuscule iPhone.
- Now click on the Restore iPhone button while holding down the left Shift key (Windows) or the left Option key (Mac).
- Select the IPSW file from the desktop to which you wish to downgrade your device to.
- iTunes will now extract the contents of the update, restore your device, verify the update will Apple and then your device will boot right up.
Given the amount of bug fixes this update brings to the table, I would strongly advise against downgrading. It even fixes the dreaded autocorrect issue where iOS would replace the word 'it' to 'I.T.'
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter