Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Special Operation 4 update arrives next week for Year 2 Pass owners. Like past Special Operations, Ubisoft is promising the usual PvE mission, PvP additions, cosmetic items, and a few other fan-requested gameplay tweaks. This is the final update of Ghost Recon Wildlands Year 2. Scroll on down for a rundown of all the new content and changes coming.
- PvE Mode and Reward: Special Operation 4 contains a brand new PvE mode that will test your endurance. Upon completing the mode for the first time, you will receive an outfit set.
- PvP Class and Maps: Another soldier is ready to join the fight. Ghost War will get one additional class, as well as two new maps.
- Year 2 Pass: Year 2 Pass holders will get a free pack containing customization items and a weapon, as well as early, direct access to the new Ghost War class starting on February 27 for one week.
- Time of Day for Solo Campaign Mode: Players will now be able to change their Time of Day via a new setting option in solo campaign mode and solo Ghost Mode.
- Battle Crate Update: We will be moving all Voice Lines and a selection of Emotes from Battle Crates to Prestige Crates.
- Prestige Crate Update: Drop rates modified to be more generous for higher rarity items.
- Custom Match Browser: Browse custom matches based on your selected criteria.
- Challenges: We’re moving from Challenge Seasons to a selection of Daily Challenges (three Solo, one Task Force, and one Community Challenge) with increased Prestige Credit rewards. Completing a number a Daily Challenges per week will grant you additional rewards, such as Prestige Crates or a Battle Crate.
- PvP Events: Two new Events added to the pool.
Most of the Special Operation 4 content (with the exception of cosmetic stuff) will be free, although Year 2 Pass owners will have one-week early access. Year 2 Pass owners also get access to one exclusive customization pack. The Year 2 Pass costs $25.
Previous Wildlands Year 2 updates have featured crossovers with other Ubisoft franchises – Special Operation 1 guest-starred Sam Fisher of Splinter Cell fame, Special Operation 2 was Rainbow Six Siege themed, and Special Operation 3 was Future Soldier themed. No word yet on whether we’re getting another crossover, but it seems likely we are. Fingers crossed Rayman or Just Dance.
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands is available now on PC, Xbox One, and PS4. Special Operation 4 arrives on February 27.