Ghost Recon Breakpoint Year 1 Roadmap Revealed, Includes 3 Story Expansions, Raids, More
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint launches next month, but, of course, the content doesn’t end there. Breakpoint will be getting three DLC packs in 2020, and in a departure from other recent Ubisoft games, not all the content will be free. Each DLC episode includes a new story expansion and two of them, Deep State and Transcendence, are exclusive to the Ghost Recon Breakpoint Year 1 Pass. That said, there will still be a good selection of free stuff, including raids, events, and PvP content. Check out the full Breakpoint Year 1 roadmap below (click image for full resolution).
Here are some more details about Breakpoint’s Year 1 content:
- New Adventures - With each episode, we will add a new adventure for you to explore that will continue the story of the main game. Each adventure will be around five hours long and all players will be able to try the first part of the adventure (approximately an hour) for free! You will need to own the Year 1 Pass in order to get full access to the new adventures.
- Raids - Our first raid, Project Titan, will be released during Episode 1. It will take you to an island where you’ll need to face challenges that will test all of the skills you’ve learned in an intense 4-player coop experience. Did we mention you’ll do all of this on an active volcano? Our raid is fully replayable and adapted to all playstyles. You’ll need top-notch communication skills to make it through each layer of challenge.
- Faction Missions - Starting at launch, each faction in the game will start to evolve. Every month, new narrative Story Faction Missions will be released, bringing context as well as character development to the players. Every day you will be able to access new Faction Missions. These missions provide various objectives to support the factions and their narrative arcs.
- New Classes - During Year 1 we will introduce three new classes that can be played in both PvE and PvP. We’ve just announced the first class coming to Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint in post-launch: the Engineer. This class will bring expertise in hacking and heavy weaponry. Year 1 Pass owners will get one week early unlock to these classes.
- Live Events - Our first Live Event will feature a new enemy that will challenge even the most seasoned Ghosts. You can look forward to a new event added every episode of Year 1.
- PVP Updates - In addition to the new classes that will be fully playable in PvP, new PvP maps and updates will be added throughout Year 1. Ghost War fans will have consistent updates that add fresh challenge and variety to the PvP experience.
- Regular New Content - Throughout each episode, there will be additional content to engage with including new missions, activities, and unlockables.
Standalone pricing for the Ghost Recon Breakpoint Year 1 Pass has yet to be announced, but the Gold edition of the game, which includes the Year 1 Pass, costs $100, so we can assume it will be 40 bucks.
Ghost Recon Breakpoint hits PC, Xbox One, and PS4 on October 4. The game will also be available on Google Stadia once it launches later this year. The game’s closed beta kicks off this week – you can get details on that, right here.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter