Stagefright Fix Now Available for Galaxy S6 Edge – Steps to Manually Flash
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge is now receiving official update bringing Stagefright security fix. As mentioned in our earlier posts, it is highly recommended to update your Android devices as soon as you receive the notification for OTA updates bringing the patch for this vulnerability. In the latest run, Verizon has started pushing out the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update with security fix to Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge users. If you want to manually update your device, following is the guide to help you flash G925VVRU3BOG5 Android 5.1.1 on Galaxy S6 Edge.
G925VVRU3BOG5 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop details:
Model name GALAXY S6 Edge
Country USA (Verizon)
Version Android 5.1.1
Build date Fri, 17 Jul 2015 11:52:29 +0000
Product code VZW
Prerequisites to update Verizon Galaxy S6 Edge to G925VVRU3BOG5 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop:
Please check these prerequisites before going forward to the update guide.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge in your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your smartphone.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge carries more than 60% of charge.
How to flash G925VVRU3BOG5 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Verizon Galaxy S6 Edge:
Following are the steps to update Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge to G925VVRU3BOG5 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop official firmware:
- Unzip Odin on your computer and install it.
- Unzip firmware zip file in the same folder as Odin.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons together. OR, check how to enter Galaxy S6 Download Mode.
- Connect your smartphone with a computer. When connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!!. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn't help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- On your Odin, click on AP and load the. tar.md5 firmware file.
- Make sure Re-Partition is disabled.
- Click on Start to initiate the update process.
- When Android 5.1.1 update installation is successfully completed, you will get a PASS message.
- Once your smartphone is rebooted and you get the PASS message, you can disconnect your Galaxy S6 Edge.
Enjoy the latest improvements and bug fixes on your Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter