Flash MPA44G Android M on Nexus 6 – How to
Google finally revealed the name of its upcoming mobile operating system, Android M, earlier today. We have already shared with you the direct links of factory images to help you manually install the latest Preview builds on your Nexus devices. Following are all the steps and prerequisites to help you with the installation process. If you aren’t up for the manual process, you can still get the Marshmallow look with the all new Android M wallpapers.
– Recommended: Download All the New Android Marshmallow Wallpapers
Prerequisites to flash MPA44G Android M on Nexus 6:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Nexus device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Google Nexus in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- If you are going to root, make sure to have a custom recovery tool like CWM, or TWRP (download link).
- Ensure that your Nexus 6 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to flash MPA44G Android M Preview 3 on Nexus 6:
Required files: download Android Marshmallow MPA44G factory image for Nexus 6.
Step 1: Connect your Nexus 6 to your PC using the USB cable making sure that Fastboot is installed on your computer.
Step 2: Turn off your smartphone and get into the Fastboot / Bootloader mode: power Nexus 6 on while pressing and holding the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power keys.
Step 3: Extract the downloaded file on your computer and go to the folder shamu-MPA44G. Copy and paste all the files to your Fastboot directory (which would most likely be the Platform-tools folder in Android SDK directory).
Step 4: In the Fastboot directory containing the factory images, run the following files depending on your operating system.
- On Windows: Run the file flash-all.bat.
- On Mac: Run flash-all.sh using Terminal.
- On Linux: Run the file flash-all.sh.
Step 5: Let the MPA44G Android M stock factory images flash on your Nexus 6 and follow the on-screen instructions. Once the installation completes, your Nexus 6 will reboot. First boot may take some 5 minutes, don’t worry about the longer boot time.
You can also root your Nexus 6 on Android M MPA44G using our guide.