How to Hard Reset LG G5 – Helps Speed Up Your G5 and Fix All the Issues
We keep sharing with you fixes of several issues that we experience on our Android devices. From performance to speed and battery problems, the last solution that we always present is to factory reset your devices before you actually go for professional support. Are you unable to fix any issues on your LG G5? Or, you are unsatisfied with its sluggish performance? No matter what the problem is, you can easily hard reset LG G5 to speed it up, improve its battery life, and fix any and all issues that you may have been facing. In today's Android Tips and Tricks post, we will share with you 3 different ways to factory reset your LG G5.
How to hard reset LG G5
Hard resetting is used to fix any issues on your handset before you head over to technical support. However, please note that this process erases all the data on your device. Text messages, photos, videos, settings, everything will be removed in the process, bringing your LG G5 back to the factory state. If you have data that you can't afford to lose, don't forget to take a backup before proceeding.
Also make sure to juice up your LG G5 to at least 60% or keep it plugged in during the process. You don't want to have your device turned off when you hard reset LG G5, or it will create further issues.
Factory reset LG G5 the easy way
- On your LG G5, head over to the Settings menu.
- Navigate to General > Backup & Reset.
- In this menu, tap on Factory Data Reset > Reset my Phone.
- Choose to Erase Everything.
- Confirm the on screen warnings and wait for the process to finish.
- Once done, reboot your LG G5.
How to reset LG G5 using the hard keys
- Switch off your LG G5 by pressing and holding the Power key for a few moments. Or, press Power key and select power off option from the onscreen menu.
- Wait for a few seconds while your phone is shutting down.
- Press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
- When you see the LG logo on your G5's screen, release the Power button for a moment and press it again (all the while pressing the Volume Down key).
- You will now see the factory reset menu. Follow on-screen instructions to hard reset LG G5.
Hard reset LG G5 using the recovery menu
- Enter recovery mode on your LG G5. You can either do so by using the Android SDK on your computer or by downloading Quick Boot tool from Google Play.
- If you choose the second method, download and run Quick Boot on your LG G5 and from the menu, select Recovery.
- If you have Android SDK installed on your computer, connect your G5 to your PC using a USB cable and run command prompt. Type the following command: adb reboot recovery to access recovery.
- Once you are in the recovery mode, select wipe data factory reset.
- Follow this by clearing cache and dalvik cache: choose wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- Once done, select reboot system now to go back to the normal mode.
That is all. Following any of the above methods, you can easily wipe out all the data on your LG G5 and clear up any software bugs that you are facing with your LG G5.