Flash Resurrection Remix Android 7.1.1 with ALL CM14.1 Features on Nexus 5
We have already shared with you steps and download links to update your Nexus 5 to the Android 7.1.1 based DarkROM custom firmware. Not a fan? Don't worry, we're bringing you yet another custom ROM based on the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat. Resurrection Remix is a fully working ROM that brings all the latest Nougat goodies along with aftermarket features to help you modify your Nexus to make it uniquely yours. Follow this guide for features and steps to flash Android 7.1.1 on Nexus 5 using Resurrection Remix custom firmware.
Resurrection Remix Android 7.1.1 features
- Enable/Disable Navbar - Navbar color tint - Navbar Button Customization smartbar - Navbar Pulse - Navbar Fling - Double Tap to sleep navbar ● Statusbar - Brightness Slider - Enable/Disable Show Notification Count - SuperUser Indicator Switch - Double Tap To sleep Statusbar - Carrier Label - Carrier Label Switch - Carrier label Color - Carrier Label Size - Clock Customizations - Time & date - Day & date Toogle - Center/Right/Left Clock Choice - Date Format - Clock Font Styles ● Battery - Battery Bar customization - Battery Icon Customization(circle/landscape/Potrait and more) - Battery % Text ● Network Traffic Indicator - Network Traffic Arrows Switch - Incoming/OutGoing Traffic - Network traffic Color ● Statusbar RR Logo - RR logo Color - Position ● Custom Logos - logo Color - Position - Style ● StatusBar Weather - Weather Color - Weather Position(left/right) - Weather Font Style - Weather Size ● StatusBar Ticker - Ticker Text color - Ticker Icon Color ● Animations - Toast Animations - ListView Animations - System Animations - QS tile Animations - Power Menu Animations - Misc Animations ● Gestures - Gestures Anywhere Feature - 3 Finger Swipe Screenshot Gesture - Overall Smoothness Improvements - Optimizations to Improve Battery - Includes all Android Nougat Features - Includes all CM14.1 Features
The list of features is VERY long, including some massive ones for Power and Home keys, Notification drawer, and battery. So, don't forget to check out the complete changelog here. For more details, support and questions, please visit the developer's page.
Prerequisites to flash Android 7.1.1 on Nexus 5
- Download and install USB drivers for Nexus 5 on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to enable USB Debugging.
- Your Nexus 5 should be rooted.
- Make sure to install TWRP or CWM recovery tool.
- Ensure that your Nexus 5 carries more than 70% charge.
How to flash Android 7.1.1 on Nexus 5 using Resurrection Remix
Required files: Download Resurrection Remix for Nexus 5 on your computer.
- Connect your Nexus 5 to your PC using a USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the SD card of your device.
- Disconnect your Nexus 5 and power it off.
- Now boot it into the recovery mode: press and hold Volume Up, Home and the Power buttons simultaneously. Use Volume keys to highlight and Power button to select.
- In the TWRP settings menu, clear phone memory: go to Wipe > Factory Reset.
- Return to TWRP settings, tap Install and locate the Resurrection Remix firmware zip file from the phone memory.
- In the menu, confirm the installation process by tapping Swipe to Confirm Flash.
- Your phone will now install the Android 7.1.1 Nougat custom ROM.
- When you receive the Successful message, you can restart your device.
First boot takes a little time, so a little patience will go a long way. Enjoy the all new features that Android 7.1.1 Nougat brings to your Nexus 5 and don't forget to share your experience with us.
Note: If you get stuck in the bootloop, go to TWRP main menu and clear Wipe cache/dalvik.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter