Fix App Lag Issue After tvOS 9.2 Update – How To
Apps and games lagging after tvOS 9.2 update on Apple TV 4? Here’s how you can fix the issue immediately.
tvOS 9.2 is a mighty big update in terms of features and stability. But if you updated your Apple TV 4 recently to the latest software release, then there are chances that you ran into some problems regarding the performance of apps and games that were already installed on your set-top box prior to the update itself. We’re talking specifically about lag here, in case you’re wondering.
From the official YouTube app to games, you’ll notice slight stuttering for no obvious reason. But the fix is s rather simple one, but you might lose all your data for that specific app once you’re done. But, you’ll regain all the lost performance related traits, if that’s something which will float your boat.
All set to remove some lag? Let’s begin!
Remove Lag From Apps And Games After Updating To tvOS 9.2
1. Select the app on the tvOS home screen that is showing signs of lag when you run it.
2. Press and hold on the touchpad of your Siri Remote till the icons start wobbling and enter edit mode.
3. Press the ‘Play/Pause’ button on the remote which will ask you to delete the app. Confirm your choice and delete everything. If you’re prompted to keep Game Center data then we highly suggest that you save everything rather than deleting it.
4. Launch the App Store in tvOS and re-install the app you deleted in the last step.
5. Launch the app and you’ll notice the lag is now completely gone.
While this may not be the most perfect fix to remove lag, but it gets the job done. If you’re asking for a personal opinion, then I highly suggest that you factory reset your Apple TV 4 after instilling tvOS 9.2 update. After all, you want to experience tvOS 9.2 to the fullest on your set-top box without any sort of hiccups whatsoever.
If you have a USB Type-C to A cable at hand, and have the option of connecting your Apple TV 4 with your PC or Mac, then we also recommend that you perform a clean restore of tvOS 9.2 on your device, as you can experience Cupertino’s latest tvOS release to its maximum potential and, of course, in its cleanest form.
Did the above guide help you fix lag in apps and games on Apple TV 4? Then be sure to let us know about it in the comments section below.