Final Fantasy XV Episode Gladiolus Gets New Story Details; World Of Versus Expansion Rumored To Be In The Works
Final Fantasy XV, the latest entry in the series released last year on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, is going to receive plenty of additional content in the future. The first DLC of the series of packs focused on Noctis' companions, Episode Gladiolus, will release soon, and a few hours ago additional details have emerged online.
The Final Fantasy XV Episode Gladiolus new details have come thanks to the Official Website. The Episode Gladiolus DLC can be purchased as part of the Season Pass or for $4.99 separately.
Gladio, one of the three faithful comrades who accompany Noctis on his journey will become a playable character for the very first time in his own episode with a completely different type of gameplay and an all-new story.
Picking up from the events from the group’s encounter with Ravus, Gladio leaves the group to train alongside Cor and become even more powerful. He sets on a path to face challenges by encountering larger than life monsters along the way.
Episode Gladiolus will be available by itself for $4.99 and is included for Season Pass owners.
As director Hajime Tabata previously mentioned, the main game is also going to be updated over the next months. Details on the additions coming in the future have yet to be revealed, but it seems like we will be getting additional main game cutscenes and more. The World Of Versus expansion is also in the works, apparently. As none of this has been confirmed so far, take it with a grain of salt until an official confirmation comes in.
- Additional cutscenes with Ravus and Niflheim to be added into New Game mode in addition to EPISODE PROMPTO content.
- Additional cutscenes with Noctis and Luna to be added into New Game mode.
- Additional cutscenes with Cor Leonis and Regis to be added into New Game mode in addition to EPISODE GLADIOLUS content.
- PLATINUM DEMO to be added to main game as bonus mode.
- EPISODE IGNIS to be released Q4 2017.
- Unannounced expansion, "WORLD OF VERSUS" to be unveiled at E3 2017 (release Q1 2018.) Expect this to be of a much darker tone than the base game. Covers "The demons Noctis faces during his 10 year slumber." This is the "VERSUS" world, the world of dreams that Noctis can enter in his slumber. Themes of loss and tragedy will be developed and expanded upon.
Final Fantasy XV is now out on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One