Fallout Miami Mod Gives A Look At Post-Apocalyptic Florida
The next entry in the Fallout series isn’t coming anytime soon, but if you still haven’t had enough of its post-apocalyptic world, you may want to keep an eye on an upcoming Fallout 4 mod called Fallout Miami.
Fallout Miami will give players a look at a post-apocalyptic Florida which will still look desolate despite the change of scenery. The mod will also come with new weapons and enemies, making it feel like a complete Fallout experience.
The team also revealed recently some new details on the map.
Let’s take a step back for a moment. A lot of you have been wondering where exactly Fallout: Miami takes place and what the ingame map will include. We’re going to answer that question today. Here are the borders of the Fallout: Miami game world, a loving recreation of a lovely part of southern Miami Beach. In order to fit all of the interesting locations we have planned, we’ve taken a few creative liberties, but our map remains mostly accurate to the real world area we want to represent.
The city is divided into several districts, each with its own unique locations and atmosphere. Starting from the top:
- Meridian: On the outskirts you’ll find Meridian, an industrial zone that hosts the well-known Pop & Chill bottling plant, among other factories, and the homes of Miami’s working class.
- Atlantic: Just over the river is Atlantic, a district of two parts. Along the coast are some of the most opulent resort hotels, including the world-famous Sunshine Hotel & Casino, while the central area is mostly residential.
- Maimon: Home to the university campus and hospital.
- Bayshore: Luxury housing and luxury leisure, mansions are a common sight in Bayshore and the Cuban golf course is an ever popular destination for fat cats both native and visiting.
- Sheridan: Similarly to Atlantic, the coastline is dedicated to tourism. On the west side of the river are many suburb-like neighbourhoods, as well as Miami Beach Sheridan High School, which borders Bayshore’s vast golf course.
- Downtown: The beating heart of Miami. Business, shopping, bars, restaurants, theaters, Downtown has it all, including civic buildings such as City Hall and the Miami Beach Convention Center.
- Flamingo: A patchwork of retirement communities, entertainment and luxury, Flamingo is Miami, just calmer. Locations range from Miami’s largest yacht club to the Flamingo Trailer Park.
Fallout Miami releases on a yet to be determined date. More information can be found on the mod’s Official Website.