Fallout 4 Far Harbor Update For PS4 Released To Fix Performance Issues
Developer Bethesda has released a new Fallout 4 Far Harbor Update for the PS4, which should fix recent performance issues on Sony’s console.
Earlier this week we reported that performance in the Far Harbor region took a nosedive on the PS4. Especially in the Woodlands area, framerates would drop to 15FPS. According to Eurogamer’s Digital Foundry, this was caused due to the fact that the PS4 is using some sort of V-Sync double buffering technique. The Xbox One version of Fallout 4 isn’t using this technique, and the gameplay experience on Microsoft’s console is much smoother in the Far Harbor region.
As said, an update is now available for PS4 which should fix these performance issues.
An updated version of Far Harbor that addresses performance issues is now available on PlayStation Network. To re-download the content, please take the following steps:
- Confirm Fallout 4 is not running. Highlight Fallout 4 in your PS4 dashboard, press OPTIONS, and select CLOSE APPLICATION to ensure Fallout 4 is not running minimized.
- Select RELATED ITEMS. You’ll find this under the Fallout 4 icon in the PS4 dashboard.
- Select MY ADD-ONS.
- Navigate to the DOWNLOAD ARROW next to Far Harbor and select it.
- You should see a notice that Far Harbor has been Added to Downloads.
- Wait for the downloadable content to finish downloading and installing before starting Fallout 4.
If for any reason these steps do not work, you can delete Fallout 4 (and all add-on content) and simply reinstall the game (and add-ons from scratch).
Thank you for your continued support.
Yesterday, Bethesda also released a new Fallout 4 beta update on Steam, which includes several general stability and optimization improvements. The update also improves performance when browsing mods, and adds the ability to filter by ‘Daily Most Popular’ mods.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter