Escape from Tarkov Launches Closed Beta Testing Phase; NDA Dropped
Russian studio Battlestate Games announced a few hours ago that Escape from Tarkov, the realistic online shooter/MMO/RPG developed with Unity, now reached the Closed Beta Testing (CBT) phase.
Access will be available to all owners of Early Access packages, so if you were one of the lucky winners of our previous giveaway, you're in. If you didn't win, don't worry: we'll have a new giveaway shortly.
Nikita Buyanov, Head of Battlestate Games, said:
In recent months we have done a formidable job optimizing the speed and stability of the game, and fixed a lot of errors. Our main task is to make it comfortable to play for everyone. Therefore, I hope that players will understand the precautions we took with the gradual admission process. Of course, the development of the game doesn’t stop there. It will grow richer with features and content with every consecutive update, as soon as they are ready. For example, the closed beta testing will be soon expanded with the quest system.
Escape from Tarkov's Closed Beta will introduce the following new features to the game.
- Insurance - For a small amount of in game currency, players can insure weapons and equipment, increasing the chance of retaining it
- Loot and Economy - The CBT will feature a new Merchant, new barter loot, medicines and additional useful items for players to buy, sell and trade. Economic balancing means items will be made available in marketplaces for barter and in loot drops based on their popularity and rarity within the economics system
- Weapons - New weapon customization parts and ammunition types, along with the addition of the modern-classic MP5 submachine gun will offer players even more customizations in the game that prides itself on making thousands of weapon combos and upgrades possible
- Locations - There will be a total of four locations available to play- Customs, Woods, Factory and Shoreline - all with different sizes and terrains. The Shoreline location will be newest and biggest map addition to the CBT.
- General Chat - Chat channels will be available to all players online in the game, allowing players to share useful information and group up for raids.
Do note that Battlestate Games confirmed how there will be no active NDA for CBT, meaning that you can talk about the game, capture screenshots and footage to your heart's content.
Escape from Tarkov is targeting a PC release first and foremost, though the developers have expressed interest in porting the game to consoles at a later date. Check out the Closed Beta launch trailer and a gallery of screenshots showcasing the new Shoreline location below.