Dying Light 2’s Impressive E3 Demo to be Shown Off Publicly This Month
The new demo for Dying Light 2 was easily one of the most exciting things I saw at E3 2019. Dying Light 2 has always looked like a solid step forward for Techland’s series, but what I saw this year was truly impressive. The game is an eye-popping visual showcase, it’s parkour-infused action is as intense as ever, and it features a surprisingly deep player-choice-driven story overseen by Fallout and Baldur’s Gate veteran Chris Avellone. Well, you won’t have to take my word for it for long, as Techland has revealed they’ll be releasing footage of the Dying Light 2 E3 demo on August 26!
The time has come to show you #DyingLight2 Official Gameplay Demo! Join us on a special stream on 26th August at 8PM CEST / 11AM PDT!
SET A REMINDER – you don’t want to miss it! pic.twitter.com/OPGIMAZKMY
— Dying Light (@DyingLightGame) August 14, 2019
Trust me, you’re going to want to check this footage out when it drops. Dying Light 2 deserves all the hype it can get. Need to know more about Dying Light 2? You can check out my recent interview with the game's developers, in which we discuss the game’s ambitious approach to player choice, badass music, and much more. Here’s a rundown of the game’s key features:
- Your Choices, Your World: You must make tough decisions and hard sacrifices as you decide the fate of a society on the brink of collapse. The effect of the choices you make will have a huge impact on entire regions of the city, uncovering new land masses and areas to explore.
- Exceptional Agility and Brutal Combat: On your journey from humble beginnings to a person of great power, you have unprecedented freedom of movement across the city, seamlessly integrated with brutal first-person combat.
- A Modern Dark Age: In a desperate city, where resources and power are scarce, unstable, and trust in ruling bodies is all but eroded; humankind has reverted to a dark age. Civilization is gone but the relics are still there. This is a violent, primal & unforgiving world - and so are its inhabitants.
- The Infection Has Evolved: The infection has evolved and become more sensitive to UV light. Society exists in the relative safety of sunlight, while the infected hide in the shadows of buildings. At night the infected roam the streets freely searching for prey, presenting opportunities for you to explore areas of the city inaccessible by day.
- 2 - 4 Player Co-Op Gameplay: Play the entire campaign in up to four-player co-op. Host your own games or join other players’ and see how their choices have played out differently to your own and how they have shaped their world differently to yours.
Dying Light 2 hits PC, Xbox One, and PS4 in the first half of 2020.