Skip the Line and Force Install Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Before Everyone Else
Microsoft’s Windows 10 Fall Creators Update is finally live! If the last two Windows 10 editions are any hint, it might take over 6 months for some users to receive this latest version of Windows 10. Don’t want to wait that long? You can manually download and install Windows 10 Fall Creators Update on your compatible PCs.
Steps to manually download Windows 10 Fall Creators Update before everyone else
The official rollout of Windows 10 Fall Creators Update may take over several months to finish, so it’s always better to get on the train early on to avoid this endless waiting. However, you should note that while Microsoft has already sent two cumulative updates to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, there could still be some issues that remain to be resolved, particularly those compatibility troubles that every new version of Windows 10 brings.
Microsoft has also opted for a slower deployment strategy due to these compatibility issue, making sure that it keeps fixing the problems as they appear. If you are a brave soul and don’t worry about a few issues here and there, you can manually download Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and upgrade your machine to the very latest version of Windows 10.
You can now download Windows 10 Fall Creators Update in two ways:
Once you download and open up the Update Assistant, all you need to do is click on a few “Next” buttons to upgrade to Fall Creators Update (screenshot carries wrong build no; the latest build is 16299 or version 1709).
Two ways to install Windows 10 Fall Creators Update using the Media Creation tool
To install Windows 10 Fall Creators Update using the Media Creation Tool, follow these steps:
- Go to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update download page (link)
- Click on the Download tool now.
- Accept license terms.
- If you want to upgrade your current PC, choose Upgrade this PC now. This will initiate the upgrade process and you can stop following the rest of this guide. Another option is to do it via ISO files. In that case, click on the Create installation media for another PC > Next.
- If you selected to upgrade your current PC, Windows 10 Fall Creators Update will start downloading, and that’ll be it.
- For another PC, you will be asked to select Language, Edition and Architecture. Choose details for the Windows 10 ISO you want to download. Once you’ve decided what you want to download, click on Next.
- Select the ISO file option and where you wish to save it.
- Click on Next to begin the download process.
The downloading process may take up to a few hours, so you will need to be patient. Downloading the latest Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Version 1709? Don’t forget to share your experience with us. Also, once installed, check on those updated privacy tools to move back to Basic mode to stop Microsoft from getting to know too much about you.