Two Ways to Manually Install Windows 10 Creators Update
[Update: April 11, 2017]: Windows 10 Creators Update has now started to roll out for everyone. However, as previously reported the update will be released in multiple phases, meaning you might not get it for a few weeks or even months. Can't wait? Follow this guide to install Windows 10 with the very easy-to-use Update Assistant. You will also find instructions on how to clean install Windows 10 Creators Update using ISO files in here.
[Original post: April 5, 2017]
As Microsoft had promised, Windows 10 Creators Update is now available via the Update Assistant for those who want to give it an early try. The operating system will start rolling out to everyone on April 11. However, if you are someone who can't wait to just hit on that Night Light or see what this hype about Game Mode is all about, you can start downloading and installing Creators Update right away.
Steps to download Windows 10 Creators Update before everyone else
The official rollout of Windows 10 Creators Update may take over a couple of months to finish, so it's always better to get on the train early on to avoid this endless waiting. However, you should note that while Microsoft has already sent two cumulative updates to Windows 10 Creators Update, there could still be some issues that remain to be resolved, particularly those compatibility troubles that every new version of Windows 10 brings.
You can now download the Windows 10 Creators Update in two ways:
Once you download and open up the Update Assistant, all you need to do is click on a few "Next" buttons to upgrade to Creators Update (build 15063 or version 1703).
Install Creators Update using the Media Creation tool
To install Windows 10 Creators Update using the Media Creation Tool, follow these steps:
- Go to Windows 10 Creators Update download page (link)
- Click on the Download tool now.
- Accept license terms.
- If you want to upgrade your current PC, choose Upgrade this PC now. Else, click on the Create installation media for another PC > Next.
- If you selected to upgrade your current PC, Windows 10 Creators Update will start downloading, and that'll be it.
- For another PC, you will be asked to select Language, Edition and Architecture. Choose details for the Windows 10 ISO you want to download. Once you’ve decided what you want to download, click on Next.
- Select the ISO file option and where you wish to save it.
- Click on Next to begin the download process.
The downloading process may take up to a few hours, so you will need to be patient. Downloading the latest Windows 10 Creators Update Version 1703? Don't forget to share your experience with us. Also, once installed, check on those updated privacy tools to move back to Basic mode to stop Microsoft from getting to know too much about you. More details about the Creators Update data collection can be found in this post.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter