Download and Update Official G900FXXU1ANG9 Firmware for Samsung Galaxy S5
The latest official firmware update for Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F titled G900FXXU1ANG9 Android 4.4.2 KitKat has been released. You can update this official firmware via OTA or Samsung KIES. However, if you haven't got this notification or looking for a manual guide, here is how to download and update the latest official firmware on Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE. The update brings general bug fixes and improves performance along with bringing in some stability.
XXU1ANG9 Android 4.4.2 details:
Model name: SAMSUNG GALAXY S5
Country: South East Europe
Version: Android 4.4.2
Build date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 10:07:06 +0000
Product Code: SEE
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S5 to XXU1ANG9 Android 4.4.2:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S5 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F carries more than 80% of charge.
How to update Galaxy S5 to G900FXXU1ANG9:
Required files: download official G900FXXU1ANG9 Android 4.4.2 from here. Also download the Odin3 v3.09 for installation from here. Unzip Odin; and unzip the leaked firmware file inside the same folder as Odin.
- Install Odin on your PC and launch it.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy S5 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons together.
- Connect your SGS5 via a USB cable; when connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!!. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn't help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- From that window, locate the respective files to AP (PDA), BL (bootloader), CP (modem), PIT, and CS (CSC) - except AP, ignore others if you don't get any such file.
- Check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. Check Re-Partition only if you selected a .PIT file in the above step.
- Click on Start button to initiate the flashing process.
- When update installation is successfully completed, on Odin ID:COM will turn green and Odin will show you a PASS message.
- Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F will then restart and you can then disconnect your device from computer.