How To Download And Install iOS 9 GM On iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Right Now
Want to download and install iOS 9 GM on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch? Then we'll walk you through the entire procedure with a complete step by step guide.
Before you begin, make sure you backup everything either to iTunes or iCloud. On your iOS device navigate to Settings > iCloud > Backup and move the iCloud Backup button to the ON position and then tap on 'Back Up Now.'
All set? Let's begin!
Install iOS 9 GM On iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Right Away
1. First and foremost, head over to the Apple Developer Program website here and register yourself as a developer. Click on the 'Enroll' button at the top right hand corner then click on 'Start your enrollment' button at the bottom of the next page. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the registration process. Also make sure you register your device on which you'll be installing iOS 9 GM with Apple. If you're already a member of the Apple Developer Program, then simply sign in with your existing account.
The steps for registering your device with Apple are as follows:
2. Once signed into the Apple Developer Program website, click on the 'Resources' button at the top of the website.
3. Since you're downloading iOS 9 GM for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, hence click on the 'iOS' button under 'Platforms and Tools' as shown in the screenshot below.
4. Now click on the blue 'Download' button on the top right hand corner, then download the iOS 9 GM firmware file tailored for your device. Make sure you get this right otherwise you won't be able to install it onto your device.
Note: The download process can take between a few minutes to up to an hour or more depending on your Internet connection speed. Be patient while the download is in progress.
5. Now download and install the latest version of iTunes on your PC or Mac. If you don't have iTunes installed already then simply navigate to: apple.com/itunes in order to download it.
6. Launch iTunes and connect your iOS device to your PC or Mac using the supplied USB cable.
7. Select your iOS device from the top left hand corner of the iTunes window.
8. Hold down the left 'Shift' key if you're on a Windows PC, or the left 'Option' key if you're on a Mac and then click on the 'Restore iPhone' button.
9. iTunes will now ask you to point it towards an IPSW file. Select the iOS 9 GM firmware file you downloaded a while back.
iTunes will verify the firmware file from Apple's servers, and after a few seconds, the flashing process will begin. The entire process can take up to a few minutes depending on the device you might have. Once done, your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch will boot straight into iOS 9 GM, all set to be used normally.
Set up your device as you normally would and you're good to go.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter