Downgrade iOS 11.1.1 to iOS 11.1, 11.0.3, 11.0.2 or 11.0.1 – Here’s How
Want to downgrade iOS 11.1.1 firmware back to iOS 11.1, 11.0.3, 11.0.2 or 11.0.1? We'll show you how on your iPhone or iPad.
You Can Downgrade iOS 11.1.1 to Multiple Firmware Version. For a Limited Time Only.
Apple released iOS 11.1.1 to the masses yesterday and it incorporates a fix for the 'i' autocorrect bug and 'Hey Siri' becoming unresponsive. But of course, as ever, if you are one of the many who believe that they have made a 'mistake' updating to iOS 11.1.1, then you have the complete option to roll back to either iOS 11.1, iOS 11.0.3, iOS 11.0.2 or iOS 11.0.1. And of course, this downgrade process is only available to everyone for a limited period of time, as long as Apple is signing the firmware to which you are planning your downgrade to.
- Make sure you have backed up everything using iTunes or iCloud as the downgrade process will erase everything off your device.
- Download iTunes if you haven't already from this link: apple.com/itunes
- Download the firmware files to which you wish to downgrade to: iOS 11.1, iOS 11.0.3, iOS 11.0.2 or iOS 11.0.1.
- Make sure your iPhone or iPad is completely charged up before proceeding.
- A Lightning cable.
Downgrade iOS 11.1.1 Tutorial.
1. Connect your iOS device to your PC or Mac using a Lightning cable.
2. Launch iTunes.
3. Select your device from the upper to left hand corner of iTunes.
4. Click on the Restore iPhone button while holding down the left Shift button (Windows) or the left Option key (Mac).
5. Select the IPSW firmware file you wish to downgrade to.
6. iTunes will now extract the firmware, restore it onto your device and then verify everything with Apple. If everything went well, you should be done in a matter of minutes.
As soon as your device boots up, you can either set it up as fresh or restore from an existing backup. It's entirely your call.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter