Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition Video Showcases Trish’s Deadly Electric Moves
A new video for Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition has been made available, showcasing Trish's moveset. Using mainly her electrical ability to paralyze enemies and the Sparta Sword to finish them off, while also having access to her own unique set of weapons like a rocket launcher, Devil Trigger (laser weapon) and pistols.
Some of her moves are similar to Dante's such as charging attacks that release projectile energy blades.
You can watch Trish in action in the video below:
The video is a quick overview of the combat mechanics for Trish, one of three new playable characters being added to the Devil May Cry 4 roster, making for five playable characters total.
Flashy and powerful, Trish excels at crowd control, with lots of dazzling area-of-effect attacks and high mobility. She also eliminates the need for weapon-switching, making her a great entry point for new players while still offering a deep, robust combat system and move set.
Gameplay was captured in Turbo Mode, an in-game feature which increases all gameplay speed by 20%.
Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition will run at 1080p 60 FPS
Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition will run at 1080p and 60 FPS on consoles, three new game modes, and three new playable characters, Virgil, Trish and Lady.
Capcom revealed the following details for the game:
- Critically acclaimed action tailored for next-gen – The game now supports a 1080p resolution with striking high-res textures, while retaining the original title’s smooth 60fps on next-gen consoles.
- Largest roster of playable characters to date – In addition to the return of Nero and Dante, now Vergil, Trish and Lady are playable with each of their own distinctly different playstyles.
- Vergil – Based on his rendition in Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition, combined with elements of his playstyle from DmC Devil May Cry, this is the definitive version of the character. New combat mechanics are also introduced that complement his icy attitude and flawless style. Vergil is playable on any mission.
- Lady – Playable for the first time in the series, Lady specializes in long-range, firearm-based combat. Her signature weapon, the Kalina Ann, features a grappling hook which allows her to easily traverse environments. Lady is playable on Nero’s missions.
- Trish – Trish does away with the need for weapon switching, making skillful use of the versatile Sparda sword, her pistols, and her bare hands in a variety of inventive ways. Trish is playable on Dante’s missions.
- Legendary Dark Knight Mode – Take on the challenge of fighting hordes of enemies all at once, putting their combat skills to the ultimate test. In this mode, enemies spawn in greater numbers and with more strength and vitality, allowing players more time to execute longer, more exciting combos.
- Rebalanced combat system – Changes have been made to improve the game tempo and gameplay balance.
- Bonus costumes – New costumes and skins have been added and are designed to be completely compatible with in-game cutscenes, bringing a fresh new look to the campaign
The smash-hit stylish action of Devil May Cry 4 returns in Special Edition, complete with five playable characters, improved gameplay, and new features. Available Summer 2015 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
We will bring you any new information on Devil May Cry Special Edition as soon as it becomes available. Be sure to check out our Capcom coverage for more.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter