Destiny 2 Patch 1.0.6 To Release Next Week; Bungie Details Upcoming Endgame & Loot Improvements
Destiny 2 patch 1.0.6 will be released next week, Bungie has announced. In addition, the developer has provided some additional details about the upcoming improvements coming to the game.
The Destiny sequel was released for PC earlier this week, and Bungie has already provided some additional details on how they will be improving the game in the near future. Improvements will include new systems and rewards, new ways to spend surplus currency and materials, private matches, Crucible tuning, and much more.
“We've been playing the game in the wild for seven weeks, and like the Destiny experiences that have come before, we're always thinking about where the game is heading next”, Bungie wrote on its blog. “We're still planning when a bunch of the improvements listed below are going to make their way into the game, but we wanted to let you know what we're up to.”
We’ve included a list of upcoming changes, among others, that Bungie provided, below:
- New systems and rewards to give our most engaged players additional, optional pursuits.
- Better incentives for players who complete challenging Prestige activities.
- Better rewards and replay value for strikes, adventures, and Lost Sectors.
- Private matches for the competitive community (we are targeting early 2018).
- Crucible tuning like adjusted Supremacy scoring and better spawning rules.
- Better incentives for completing Crucible matches (and penalties for quitting competitive games).
- Continued improvements to Iron Banner and Faction Rallies, including uniqueness of rewards.
- Changes to make the mod economy more interesting and impactful.
- Ongoing improvements to Exotics, including adjustments to reduce instances of duplication.
- New ways to spend surplus currency and materials (looking at you Legendary Shards).
- An emote interface that allows players to equip Salty, Spicy Ramen, Six Shooter, and Flip Out all at the same time.
In addition, Bungie has confirmed that Destiny 2 patch 1.0.6. will be released somewhere next week. The full contents of this update are unknown, but the patch will address an issue causing players to encounter empty public spaces too often in free roam. The update will also offer some Crucible changes, and an emote issue fix.
Down below you’ll find a short list of changes, but Bungie writes that the full release notes will be made available when the update is live:
- Fixed an issue with collision detection on the Bureaucratic Walk emote
- Fixed an issue causing players to encounter empty public spaces too often in free roam
- Updated Mercy Rule settings to allow Mercy to activate slightly later in the match, allowing a wider range of scores to trigger it.
- Reduced score limit to 50 (was 75)
- Reduced score limit to 90 (was 100)
- Reduced influence that enemy-controlled zones exert over the spawning system
- Reduced round time limit to 2 minutes (down from 3)
- Reduced life count to 6 (down from 8)
- Increased score-to-win to 70 (up from 50)
- We now grant one point for defeating an enemy Guardian
- Adjusted the influence that enemy crests have on the spawning system
Destiny 2 is available now for PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter