CrossfireX launched last month in a bit of a sorry state, to the point the game’s producer admitted they’d “betrayed the trust” of players (Wccftech’s review definitely wasn’t glowing). While it will probably take a lot of updates to get CrossfireX to the place it should be, co-developer Smilegate has released the game’s first big patch, which includes adjustments to shooting sensitivity and aim assist, as well as some much-needed multiplayer content, including a couple of new maps and three weapons. Here are your notes for the new CrossfireX update:
- A limited-time Event Pass has been added to the game, which can be selected from the drop-down menu located on the Battle Pass screen in-game. Earn up to 25 tiers of rewards including new Weapon Skins, up to 25,000 GP and a unique Weapon Accessory!
- Two new maps have been added to the new ‘EVENT’ playlist. Earn up to 20,000 GP for completing 10 matches on each EVENT map.
[EVENT] Invasion – Spectre Mode (Classic)
- Face off against a team of Spectres in this new Event Map that pits teams face-to-face in a ruined city.
- Spectres can utilize the moving vehicle on the map to get navigate around more covertly.
- Take notice of the motion-activated lights that trigger in certain rooms, informing you of a nearby Spectre.
[EVENT] Submarine – Team Deathmatch (Classic)
- Put your knife skills to the test in this melee-only team deathmatch style mode that takes place in a sinking submarine.
- Adapt to your surroundings as the submarine begins to tilt during the match.
3 new weapons
- CAM-09 (Sniper Rifle)
- GSMG-45 (Submachine Gun)
- KERIS (Melee Weapon)
The following silencer attachment skins have been added:
- Dynamic Pearl
- Pink Carbon
- Guard 38
Balance & Gameplay
- To address the difficulties surrounding the aim sensitivity, several customization options have been added to the game:
- Expanded analog stick sensitivity range for Stick & Vertical sensitivity, ADS & ADS Vertical sensitivity.
- Dead Zone options have been added for both left and right analog sticks.
- Aim Response Curve Type options have been added: Standard/Linear/Dynamic.
- 'Set to Default' feature added for each option category.
- To improve issues that occurred due to the aim assist mechanic being too strong, we differentiated aim assist based on distance where it now becomes weaker from a longer distance while remaining as is from a short-to-mid distance. We plan to continue refining this mechanic based on community feedback.
- Muzzle and Ammunition attachments can now be used in the Classic playlist.
- Performing melee attacks felt inconsistent, so we made the following adjustments:
- Melee range hitbox has been increased slightly
- Kukri strong attack (LT) has been adjusted.
- Additional ammo magazines have been added for Mercenary players on the Babylon Lab map.
- The rate at which Kill Streak Points are gained have been adjusted and the points requirement to unlock Boogieman has been increased to 3,000.
- KALASH-47: Adjusted the recoil and firing rate to feel more consistent.
- Adjusted the Spectre invisibility effect so that the invisibility is not deactivated right away after taking damage.
- Now upon taking damage, the opacity will gradually increase.
- Adjusted the spawn points on Black Widow so opposing players were not immediately in view of each other during spawn.
- Improved the responsiveness of the Tactical Growth – Sliding mechanic.
- To mitigate spawn camping on GR Tower, a new object has been added to block the line of sight to the spawn points.
- Weapon statistics have been added for each weapon, viewable in the Loadout screen.
- Includes recoil patterns for both Modern & Classic mode.
- ‘News’ section added – users can view news updates from the main lobby screen by pressing (X) or navigating to the corresponding button on the UI.
- Play Guide videos have been added for the Submarine and Invasion maps.
- Enhancements to the controls have been added to better handle situations with low aim acceleration.
- An AFK kick timer has been implemented to remove users who are inactive during a match.
- Premium Missions have been removed from the game. Users who purchased the mission will still be able to complete it.
- The chance of receiving a Daily Mission that requires a specific weapon has been reduced significantly.
- The Daily Mission requirements have also been reduced to make them easier to complete.
- Reduced the duration that eliminated characters would remain on the ground for. This has been implemented to reduce errors that would sometimes occur related to game physics.
- Added support for the Australian region to improve ping issues.
- Improved dynamic resolution optimization for each type of Xbox device.
- The framerate and screen transition time of the lobby has been improved.
The new CrossfireX update also includes over 80 bug fixes – if you need to know about all of those, you can check out the full, unabridged patch notes, right here.
CrossfireX is available now on Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S. Oh, and yes, they finally fixed it so Xbox Game Pass subscribers can properly access the game’s campaign.