Chrono Trigger Update #3 Introduces Further UI Improvements, Battles Enhancements
Square Enix released a third Chrono Trigger update on Steam, introducing more improvements to the PC port of the classic JRPG.
The new update introduces further UI improvements as well as battle enhancements and a variety of other tweaks. You can find the full patch notes below.
- The UI has been further updated for those using a controller or keyboard in a number of areas:
- Whilst moving on the world map, in towns and in dungeons.
- How options in dialog are displayed.
- Shop screens.
- Whilst selecting a time period to visit.
- In mini-games too.
- Improvements have been made to battles
- You can now flip between pages within menus with single button presses.
- Available techs are immediately updated when recovering MP.
- The duration the explanation window is shown at the top of the screen has been extended.
- Changes have been made to the priority for which information is shown first when there are multiple messages in explanation windows.
- A bug where some controls would still respond while the game is paused in battle has been fixed.
- Following the last update, we’ve continued to improve gameplay speed in areas where it previously slowed down.
- The difficulty has been made more forgiving in specific mini games during story events.
- Controller input is now disabled when the game is not active.
- Additional minor bug fixes.
The next update will introduce more UI improvements as well as key rebinding options.
Finally, we’re planning to release a fourth update for CHRONO TRIGGER later this month. This will include:
- Further changes and updates to the UI.
- The ability to rebind buttons for controllers, keyboard and mouse.
Chrono Trigger is now available for purchase on Steam The game is also available on a variety of other formats.