Call of Duty Black Ops 3 is finally getting its first DLC map pack tomorrow on PS4 and a new patch was expected to hit this version of the game alongside the DLC pack. Treyarch, however, has surprised fans of their latest first person shooter by releasing the patch sooner than anticipated.
The new Call of Duty Black Ops 3 PlayStation 4 1.05 update is around 9 GB big and it's now available for download in all regions. The patch adds support for the soon to be released new DLC map pack Awakening as well as several tweaks and fixes. You can check out full patch notes by going here.
Treyarch has also talked about the release of the 1.05 update for the Xbox One and PC versions. Unfortunately, it seems like Black Ops 3 fans playing the game on these formats will have to wait a bit for the patch to hit their versions of the game, as both the Xbox One and PC version of the patch are currently in the works.
The first Call of Duty Black Ops 3 DLC map pack is called Awakening and it includes four new multiplayer maps as well as the first chapter of the Black Ops 3 Zombies DLC adventure.
- Gauntlet: Delivering three unique environments within one action-packed map, Gauntlet showcases Treyarch’s classic three-lane map structure, transporting Players into battle through a sprawling jungle, sub-zero artic zone and rainy urban cityscape.
- Splash: Dive into battle in this abandoned water park, featuring a vibrant and colorful environment, including waterslides, a wrecked pirate ship and a lazy river. Splash encourages an open flow of combat with opportunities for underwater gameplay.
- Rise: A versatile multiplayer map, Rise is set in the snowy outskirts of Zurich in the middle of an ongoing construction site for a massive subterranean Coalescence research campus. With multiple engagement areas throughout this larger map, each section caters to different styles of gameplay.
- Skyjacked: High above urban Zurich, Skyjacked is a modernized version of the popular Call of Duty: Black Ops II multiplayer map Hijacked. Utilizing the new core movement system featured in Black Ops III, this map gives Players new ways to explore the environment, while still retaining the same fast and frenetic gameplay Players love.
- Der Eisendrache: Awakening also introduces the first chapter of Call of Duty: Black Ops III’s Zombies DLC adventure with Der Eisendrache. Set in a chilling medieval Austrian castle during World War II, Players will embark on an epic journey with the Origin characters Richtofen, Nikolai, Takeo and Dempsey. The ancient site on which the castle sits was the scene of unspeakable horror where massive deposits of Element 115 have recently been discovered. Players will discover a variety of exciting plot twists and surprises as they survive waves of the undead.
Call of Duty Black Ops 3 is now available on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and PC.