Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Finally Stakes Out a Release Date
Yes, believe it or not, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night finally has a release date. Bloodstained’s 2015 Kickstarter campaign was one of the most successful of all time, raising over 5.5 million from fans eager for the Koji-Igarashi-helmed Castlevania successor. The game was originally slated to be released in the first half of 2017, but has suffered numerous development setbacks and delays. Thankfully, in late 2018 Igarashi added experienced 2D platformer makers WayForward Technologies to the Bloodstained development team, which seems to have finally got the game on track. Check out a new Bloodstained trailer, which showcases some of the improvements made to the game in recent months, below.
Haven’t been keeping up with Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night? Check out Wccftech’s full interview with Koji Igarashi, and scroll on down for a rundown of the game’s features:
- Igavania Lives On – Koji Igarashi, one of the renowned godfathers of the genre, is creating a new, modern side scrolling action RPG experience that will satisfy longtime fans of his previous work.
- Vast and Deep Gameplay – Unlock spells and powers; find, craft and upgrade several types of weapons and special items to change Miriam’s appearance; and mix and match gear and abilities to find your playstyle.
- High-Fidelity 2.5D Graphics – Everything in Bloodstained is rendered in loving 3D detail on a 2D side scrolling environment that changes and evolves as you play.
- Orchestral Music By Industry Legends – With music by Michiru Yamane (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night) and Ippo Yamada (Resident Evil), respectively, Bloodstained’s music is an unforgettable experience.
- Iga’s Biggest Castle – Bloodstained’s game world map is the biggest of Koji Igarashi’s entire career, giving fans of his distinct style more to explore and enjoy.
- Multiple Characters To Choose From – Aside from the enigmatic Miriam there are secret playable characters awaiting discovery.
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night spills onto PC, Xbox One, and PS4 on June 18. The Nintendo Switch version launches a week later on June 25.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter