Battlefield V “Lightning Strikes” Trailer Shows Off Combined Arms Co-op, Rush Mode, More
Last week the release date for Battlefield V Tides of War Chapter 2, “Lightning Strikes,” snuck out early, but now EA and DICE have made a full announcement, complete with trailer! The video gives us a nice new sneak peak at Battlefield V’s upcoming Combined Arms co-op mode, including its four launch missions (Market Sweep, Desert Declarations, Bricks and Mortars, and Bridgehead Blockade). We also get a look at the returning Rush mode, some new weapons and vehicles, and another glimpse of the upcoming Firestorm battle royale, which teases a…drivable tractor? Sure, why not? Check out the trailer, below.
Unfortunately, most of the stuff shown above won't actually be launching this week. Instead, Lighting Strikes is kicking off with the addition of Squad Conquest, a new 16v16 variant of the classic “capture the control points” mode. Here’s a rundown of all the new Lighting Strikes stuff arriving this week:
A tighter and more intense version of Conquest, in Squad Conquest two squads per team battle it out over smaller, more tactical layouts of three existing maps: Arras, Hamada, and Rotterdam. These maps all feature 16 players on two teams, three flags, spawning restricted to HQs, and limited access to vehicles. Clear lanes and conservative combat areas allow players to predict where enemies are coming from, where they need to defend, and how to subvert enemy movement. Learn more about Squad Conquest.
Weapons that will be obtainable through the Weekly Challenges in January and February:
- Zk-383 SMG (Medic class)
- Modele 1944 semi-automatic rifle (Assault class)
- M1922 MMG (Support class)
Time to Death and Death Experience Fixes
- The name of the enemy that has killed a player is now shown in the game world when the player has died. This highlights the killer and helps players understand who killed them and from where, especially in crowded situations.
- The death experience has improved with the addition of a camera that now follows and zooms towards the killer. This will allow players to understand what killed them and the position of the killer.
- The accuracy of the visual representation of incoming bullets for other players has been improved. Tracers should now properly appear to consistently appear from the shooter and should be clearer when the victim is looking directly at the shooter.
- An issue was fixed with the UI directional damage indicator that delayed the indication of damage to the victim.
- Tweaks were made to the UI directional damage indicator to more accurately point towards the enemy damaging the player.
You can check out the full patch notes for this week’s update, right here.
Battlefield V is available on PC, Xbox One, and PS4. Tides of War Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes bursts onto the scene on January 17 and new content will continue to roll out until sometime in early March. Combined Arms is slated to launch in February.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter