Asustor Announces New AS4002T and AS4004T NAS with 10GbE
Asustor, has announced today that two new NAS devices will be joining the ASUSTOR family. The AS4002T and AS4004T are our first consumer NAS that integrate 10gb Ethernet with an RJ45 connector. The AS4002T and AS4004T are the world’s first NAS containing a Marvell Armada Cortex-A72 64-bit dual-core processor. Compared with the previous generation of processors, these NAS offer 3½ times more computing power. 2GB of DDR4-2400 memory is also included, which is faster and more efficient than DDR3. Both the AS4002T and AS4004T have a 10gb Ethernet port and two Gigabit Ethernet ports, which create a fast networking environment that is 10 times faster than a Gigabit network. Network aggregation technology can also be used to combine the three RJ45 ports to triple the speed of a gigabit connection without 10gb hardware.
New Asustor NAS Products Feature 10GbE and Marvell Armada Cortex A72
The AS40 series is sold with the latest version of ADM. Once initialized by the installation wizard, this fully-featured ASUSTOR NAS can be used immediately to experience the convenience of remote storage management, backup, and sharing of data anywhere and anytime.
AS4002T and AS4004T Specifications
- Marvell Armada Cortex-A72 1.6GHz dual core CPU
- 2GB of DDR4-2400 RAM
- 2x Gigabit Ethernet ports
- 1x 10-Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Read speeds of up to 1146MB/s on RAID 5
- Write speeds of up to 584 MB/s on RAID 5
- Front panel USB 3.1 Gen1, power button, one-touch backup button.
- Rear USB 3.1 Gen1
- Supports hard drive hot swapping
- Tool-less installation
- Supports hardware encryption
- Supports JBOD, single drives, and RAID levels 0 and 1 while quad bay units also support levels 5, 6 and 10
- Supports up to 12TB per hard drive
- Supports seamless system migration
- Supports MyArchive drives
“Both beginners and professionals will be more than satisfied with the excellent performance and convenience brought by these two new NAS. It is worth mentioning that a 10-Gigabit network and the full set of equipment is required to achieve maximum speeds. The AS40 series is affordable for both consumers and businesses. We are very pleased to be releasing a NAS that both consumers and businesses will find to be one of the best values for a NAS.”
ASUSTOR product manager – Johnny Chen