Apple Seeds First OS X 10.11 El Capitan Beta to Developers
As promised, Apple has seeded the very first OS X 10.11 El Capitan Beta to developers. Only registered developers of the Developers Program will be able to taste the features of this OS X build full of new window management and improved gestures among other features.
Apple revealed its OS X 10.11 El Capitan today at Moscone Center at the WWDC 2015 Keynote address. Apple has tried to refine the experience of Yosemite with El Capitan introducing system-wide refinements, graphics improvements with metal, various under the hood performance improvements, and new features in Notes, Photos among others.
You can download OS X 10.11 Beta 1 build number 15A178w. You can get the update in the Mac App Store under Software Update or in the Mac Dev Center.
This developer beta build is expected to show off more features in the OS X build than Apple did at the event today. Hang in while we scour the Internet for some awesome features and delicious wallpapers right from this latest OS X 10.11 beta 1 build by Apple!
OS X 10.11 Beta 1:
OS X 10.11 Beta 1 for developers is supported on the following machines:
- iMac - Mid 2007 or newer
- MacBook Air - Late 2008 or newer
- MacBook - Late 2008 Aluminum, or Early 2009 or newer
- Mac mini - Early 2009 or newer
- MacBook Pro - Mid / Late 2007 or newer
- Mac Pro - Early 2008 or newer
- Xserve - Early 2009
- More from WWDC 2015:
- Apple Introduces Split-Screen Multitasking for iPad - Watch Videos While Working
- Finally Some Female Executive Take the Stage at WWDC 2015
- Apple Unveils OS X 10.11 El Capitan with Improved Graphics and WIndow Management
- WatchOS 2 - Apple Watch's First Major Update
- Apple Unveills iOS 9 at WWDC 2015
- iOS 9 HealthKit Gets Women-Friendly - Finally Adds Support for Menstruation Tracking
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter