Android Version Distribution For August: Nougat Drags to 13.5%, Marshmallow Still Holds The Top Spot

Android distribution Nougat August 2017

As we inch closer to the public release of the much-awaited Android O, it seems like Android 7.1 Nougat version is slowly catching up with other Android versions on the distribution chart. Google released the distribution stats for August 2017, which is based on the data collected during a 7-day period ending on August 8, 2017. Only the devices running Android 2.2 and above are a part of the data collection for Android distribution numbers. The latest numbers reveal that Android Nougat is now on 13.5 percent of active Android devices.

According to the last month's distribution chart, Android 7.0 Nougat was running on 10.6 percent of devices while Android 7.1 Nougat dominated 0.9 percent of total active Android devices, bringing the overall percentage of Nougat to 11.5 percent. The latest distribution stats reveal that Android 7.0 Nougat is now running on 12.3 percent of active Android devices while Android 7.1 Nougat version has crawled to 1.2 percent, taking the overall percentage to 13.5 percent. The data is based on active Android devices that checked into Google Play during the 7-day period.

Related StoryZara Ali
Android Distribution Numbers For December Are Out, Android 8.0 Oreo Struggles At 0.5%

Rest of the figures reveal that Android 6.0 Marshmallow now dominated 32 percent of Android device and continues to claim the largest share on the pie chart. On the contrary, Android 5.1 Lollipop runs on 21.8 percent of total devices, which marks a significant drop from last month where it dominated 30.1 percent of the devices.

Android KitKat witnessed a share of 16 percent on the chart, which marks just 1.1 percent fall from previous month's share. Android JellyBean still runs on 7.6 percent of total devices while both Android Ice Cream Sandwich (version 4.0.3-4.0.4) and Android Gingerbread (version 2.3.3-2.3.7) have a share of 0.7 percent each on overall active Android devices.

Google has also updated its OpenGL version distribution numbers, the OpenGL 3.0 version enjoys 45.6 percent, and OpenGL version 2.0 came down to 37.6 percent, and OpenGL version 3.1 is now present on 16.8 percent of the devices.

Google is now gearing up to launch Android O, and the company has already shut down its Android Nougat Beta program. Android O's final Developer Preview has already been released and is now at the last stage for the developers to update their apps accordingly.

WccfTech Tv
Filter videos by