Root and Update Galaxy S4 I9505 to XXUGNG8 Android 4.4.2 – How to
Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 LTE has received another official KitKat update with some performance improvements and minor modifications. Here is how to manually update Galaxy S4 LTE to XXUGNG8 Android 4.4.2, latest official update for the smartphone.
XXUGNG8 4.4.2 firmware details:
Model name: GALAXY S4 LTE
Version: Android 4.4.2
Build date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 12:32:22 +0000
Product Code: XME
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S4 LTE to XXUGNG8 Android 4.4.2:
Please check these prerequisites before going forward to the update guide.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE in your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your smartphone.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S4 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to root and update Galaxy S4 LTE to XXUGNG8 4.4.2:
Here are the steps to update Galaxy S4 LTE to XXUGNG8 Android 4.4.2 KitKat official firmware:
- Unzip Odin on your computer and install it.
- Unzip firmware zip file in the same folder as Odin.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy S4 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons together.
- Connect your smartphone with computer. When connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!!. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn’t help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- On your Odin, select files:
- Click on AP / PDA and select file with CODE in its name.
- Click on CP/Phone and select file with MODEM in its name – ignore if you didn’t get any such file.
- Click on CSC and select file with CSC in its name – ignore if you didn’t get any such file.
- Click on PIT and select the .pit file – ignore if you didn’t get any such file.
- Make sure to check Auto Reboot and F.Rest Time. Check Re-Partition only if you selected the .pit file.
- Click on Start to initiate the update process.
- When Android 4.4.2 update installation is successfully completed, you will get a PASS message.
- Once you see the home screen, you can disconnect your Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 and reboot it.
Once you have completed all the above steps to update Galaxy S4 LTE to XXUGNG8 Android 4.4.2, here is how to root your smartphone.
– To root Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 on XXUGNG8:
Download the CF Auto Root package from this link. Follow all the same steps that you did while updating the smartphone to the latest firmware but select CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.zip when you click on PA / PDA button on ODIN – skip all the other files.