Haswell Refresh Updated Roadmap Leaked – Official Launch Scheduled for 11th May, Devil’s Canyon sometime in June
Ok we have just received an update on the Haswell Refresh front. The new update gives solid foundation to the shaky road map of the Haswell Refresh and X99 Chipset “Wellsburg” we already knew about. The leak also contains more concrete information about the launch date of Intel’s new “Devil’s Canyon” line of processors. This is going to be a very comprehensive post with previous leaks combined.
Intel’s Updated Roadmap for Haswell Refresh Leaked – Coming May 11th with Devil’s Canyon following in June
I am going to break tradition this time and start with the actual leak. So obviously the first thing is that the launch date for the Haswell Refresh has been more or less confirmed. It is going to be the 11th of May (2014 obviously) folks. Which is about 6 weeks away. Also the Devil’s Canyon processors will be released soon after and a very educated guess would place them at Computex 2014 sometime in June this year. Haswell-E with the LGA 2011-3 socket is going to followup in September. And 14nm Broadwell will either enter very late this year or not at all, in which case it would come in Q1 of 2015. Also Intel has confirmed problems with the 450nm wafer transition however it maintains that it is still on track.
Now some preliminaries (can I even call this that anymore?). Lets begin with X99. Basically X99 will support the LGA 2011-3 Socket. It will support overclocking for both the ‘X’ and ‘K’ variants and has 4 Memory Channels. It will support CPU (Ratios and BCLK) and GPU overclocking and will have all the usual features such as Intel Rapid Storage and RST Smart Response Tech (and Rapid Recover too). It will have 14 USB ports and 10 Sata ports. Interestingly it will also feature Intel’s Integrated Clock Support.
Even more interestingly perhaps is the fact that both 6 core and 8 core variants will utilize 140 W TDP. It will feature a maximum memory speed of 2133Mhz per DIMM slot. This is an important bit as it tells us the max frequency for the DDR4 Ram supported with X99. It goes without saying that PCI-E 3.0 will be supported. X99 will ship with support for AVX 2.0 and will also have the Fully Integrated Voltage Regulator. Hyper-threading will also of course be supported along with Turbo Boost 2.0 and finally Intel’s Smart Cache Tech, which will range upto 20MB LLC.
There are about 20 SKUs queued for the Haswell Refresh which are the following:
|Core i7-4790K||4||8||3.6 GHz/ 4.0 Ghz||8 MB||HD 4600||Yes|
|Core i7-4790||4||8||3.5 GHz/ 4.0 Ghz||8 MB||HD 4600||No|
|Core i5-4690K||4||4||3.5 GHz/ 3.9 Ghz||6 MB||HD 4600||Yes|
|Core i5-4690||4||4||3.3 GHz/ 3.9 Ghz||6 MB||HD 4600||No|
|Core i5-4590K||4||4||3.3 GHz/ 3.7 Ghz||6 MB||HD 4600||Yes|
|Core i5-4590||4||4||3.2 GHz/ 3.7 Ghz||6 MB||HD 4600||No|
|Core i5-4460||4||4||3.2 GHz/ 3.7 Ghz||4 MB||HD 4600||No|
|Core i3-4360||2||4||3.3 GHz/ 3.7 Ghz||4 MB||HD 4400||No|
|Core i3-4350||2||4||3.2 GHz/ 3.6 Ghz||4 MB||HD 4400||No|
|Pentium G3450||2||2||3.4 GHz||3 MB||HD Graphics||No|
|Celeron 2980U||2||2||1.6 Ghz||2 MB||HD Graphics (Haswell)||$107|
|Core i5-4310M||2||4||2.7 GHz||3 MB||HD 4600||$225|
|Core i5-4310U||2||4||2 GHz||3 MB||HD 4400||$281|
|Core i5-4340M||2||4||2.9 GHz||3 MB||HD 4600||$266|
|Core i5-4360U||2||4||1.5 GHz||3 MB||HD 5000||$315|
|Core i7-4610M||2||4||3 GHz||4 MB||HD 4600||$346|
|Core i7-4810MQ||4||8||2.8 GHz||6 MB||HD 4600||$378|
|Core i7-4860HQ||4||8||2.4 GHz||6 MB||HD 5200||$434|
|Core i7-4910MQ||4||8||2.9 GHz||8 MB||HD 4600||$568|
|Core i7-4940MX||4||8||3.1 GHz||8 MB||HD 4600||$1096|
Keypoints of Leaked Information regarding the entire Haswell Refresh and Intel’s X99 Chipset “Wellsburg”:
- Basically the first batch of processors will include about 20 SKUs including the Core i7-4790 and 4790S, Core i5-4690, 4590, 4460, 4590S, 4460S, Core i3-4360, 4150T, Pentium G3450 and Celeron G1840. Needless to say the 4790 will be the i7 Flagship and the 4690 will be the i5 Flagship. 10 of these are now available for Pre-Order
- Haswell Refresh Nomenclature will be Haswell Nomenclature +0020 ie i5 4570′s refresh will be i5 4590.
- Most of the SKUs wil get a clock upgrade of 100 Mhz.
- The H97/Z97 motherboards will ship in April.
- The ‘K’ Series Unlocked processors will come somewhere around third quarter;
- Followed by Haswell-E which will also ship in that same approximate time frame. This will be the High End Platform to succeed Ivy Bridge-E
- In the third quarter part of the i5 and i3 Lineup of Ivy Bridge will be discontinued and desisted.
- X99 Chipset “Wellsburg” will appear in June.
- Haswell Refresh Official Launch is on 11th May
- Devils Canyon to Appear in June at Computex 2014. (aka the “K” Unlocked Processors”)
- Haswell-E coming in September 2014.
That’s all folks, and apologies if i went overboard with the technicalities, did warn you this was going to be a very comprehensive post.
Massive Intel Haswell Refresh Leak. http://t.co/5QLeyDQJMq
— Usman Pirzada (@usmanpirzada) March 24, 2014
Get Latest Tech News Daily
We cater to your constant need to remain up to date on today’s technology. Like us, tweet to us or +1 us, to keep up with our round the clock updates, reviews, guides and more.