Assassin’s Creed Empire Map To Be Three Times Bigger Than Black Flag; Development Is Being Handled By Ubisoft Montreal – Rumor
The next entry in the Assassin’s Creed series, which should be named Assassin’s Creed Empire, has yet to be officially revealed, but rumors suggest that we will get to play the game later this year on PC and consoles. Following yesterday’s leak suggesting an October release date, more rumors regarding some of the game’s features have emerged online.
According to the rumor shared by Polish website Gry-Online, Assassin’s Creed Empire will be a prequel to the whole franchise, starring a distant ancestor of Altair, main character of the original Assassin’s Creed. The game is apparently being developed by the team behind Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag, Ubisoft Montreal, and that it will feature a map that’s three times bigger than the previous AC game developed by the tea.
– The next game will be a sort of prequel for the franchise.
– It’s set in Ancient Egypt.
– You play as a Former Slave.
– The Main Character is a Distant Ancestor of Altair.
– It’s being developed by the team that brought us Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag. (Ubisoft Montreal)
– The Character has slightly darker skin than we have previously seen for a main character.
– The world is over three times larger than that of Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag.
– The game will feature Desert Mirages.
Following the release of Assassin’s Creed Unity and Assassin’s Creed Syndicate, Ubisoft decided to grant the development team more time to finish the next entry in the series to deliver a better and more polished game. If Assassin’s Creed Empire indeed launches later this year, it probably won’t take long for an official announcement to come in, so stay tuned for all the latest news.