WoW: Battle for Azeroth Patch 8.1.5 is Being Rolled out on the PTR; Blizzard Shares Developers’ Notes
Blizzards has announced that it has begun rolling out the first Battle for Azeroth patch 8.1.5 build on the PTR and has shared some developers’ notes.
Upcoming patch 8.1.5 will unlock the Kul Tiran and Zandalari allied races, but will also introduce new Naga invasion World Quests alongside WSG and AB visual improvements. In addition, the upcoming content update will add Wintergrasp to the Epic Battleground list, although this feature might be locked on the PTR at first.
We’ve included the developers’ notes, as shared by Blizzard, down below:
We’re underway with the deployment of our first build of WoW 8.1.5 to our Public Test Realms. We expect it to be playable soon, and we want to start discussions about the features of the update that we’ll be testing:
- The Kul Tiran Allied Race unlock
- The Zandalari Allied Race unlock
- Naga invasion World Quests
- New portal rooms in faction capitals
- The next chapter of pet battle Raiding with Leashes
- Warsong Gulch and Arathi Basin visual improvements
Our testing in this first build will be primarily technical, so some 8.1.5 features will be locked/unavailable for the first few days while we work on initial concerns:
- New War Campaign quests
- New quests and questlines focused on Magni, Hati, and the eight non-gathering primary Professions
- Warlords of Draenor Timewalking dungeons
- New Brawl in Arathi Basin vs. AI
- Wintergrasp coming to the Epic Battleground list
- New Brawler’s Guild update
- New Darkmoon Faire roller coaster
- New Micro-holidays and updates to Children’s Week
Additionally, you may see some features referenced in this PTR (such as Ashran as an Epic Battleground) that are not part of 8.1.5, but may be introduced in a later update. We’ll keep an eye out for such things and make sure to let you know what we aren’t testing in this PTR.
World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth is available globally now. The expansion’s first major content update, patch 8.1 Tides of Vengeance was released on the live servers last month.