The Witcher 3 – Making Some Money, Finding Smuggler’s Caches And Treasure Chests
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is a massive open world RPG, where money plays a vital role as it allows you to purchase better equipment to aid you in your many combat encounters.
Below you can check out a few tips to help you in making some money in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt:
- Make sure to do the secondary quests. They are a good source of cash and you can find goods that can be sold for more money.
- Doing the Witcher contracts also results in a nice reward. They are separate from the main and secondary quests.
- Make sure to sell your items that you don’t want to keep, as they can usually get you a good amount of money.
- Smuggler’s Caches are a good way to earn money. They can be located by either diving undersea or sailing on a boat. They usually contain treasure that can be sold for money.
- Treasure Chests that are guarded by monsters usually contain something valuable. If you ever come across such a treasure chest, make sure to take it by defeating the monsters.
- There are multiple currencies in The Witcher 3, but you can only trade with merchants using Crowns. You’ll have to trade the Orens and Florins you collect at Vivaldi’s Bank in Novigrad. It is a building with a coin hanging above the door.
We have recently provided some beautiful 4K screenshots of the PC version of the game as well as some 4K gameplay footage that showcases the beautiful graphics that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt can provide at Ultra High-Definition at it Ultra Settings.
While many have argued that the game has lost some of its visual flair since the 2013 reveal trailer, CD Projekt RED claims that they have not changed the textures, and that they have only toned down as sharpening filter that was causing eye strain. The higher resolution can replicate the sharpening effect to some extend so it does indeed seem quite similar. Certain changes have been made of course to accommodate the console hardware, but the game turned out looking quite good indeed. We have also provided some amazing 4K Ultra settings footage of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, which can be viewed here.
CD Projekt RED removed the “PS4 vs PC” comparison video, posted earlier by PCGamesHardware and went on to detail the differences between the two versions. They claimed that the PC build was not final and that the PS4 version dis not use the day-one patch which not only fixed the PS4 framerate issue but also implemented a few visual enhancements.
PlayStation Access has provided an in-depth look into many aspects of the game in a 46 minutes video which can be viewed here. It covers everything that fans have been asking for and provides answers to most questions without spoiling the experience.
A few gorgeous screenshots from the PS4 version have also been made available, and they reveal some quite beautiful vistas and the amazing lighting system.
The launch cinematic which was made available yesterday looks amazing. CD Projekt has also revealed the changelog for the day-1 patch which can be viewed here. docm77, has also made available a video interview with CD Projekt's visual artist, Jose Teixeira, in which he shares his thoughts on the downgrade subject.
The Witcher 3 will release on May 19 2015 for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. We will bring you any new information on The Witcher 3 as soon as it becomes available. Be sure to check out our previous coverage for more information on The Witcher 3, here and here
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter