Windows 10 Mobile Preview 14283 Brings Bug Fixes & Phone Improvements
Microsoft has started rolling out Windows 10 Mobile Redstone Insider Preview build 14283 to the Fast ring of Windows Insider program. The latest preview update is currently available for Insiders on the Fast ring who own the following devices:
- Lumia 950
- Lumia 950 XL
- Lumia 650
- Lumia 550
- Xiaomi Mi4
- ALCATEL Fierce XL
Windows 10 Mobile Redstone 14283 released:
After pushing out a few cumulative updates to Windows 10 Mobile Insiders on the Slow and Release rings, Microsoft is finally sending updates to those on the Fast ring. Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14283 brings the following improvements to the mobile operating system.
- Improvements to the Phone app: We know how important it is to stay informed when someone is trying to reach you, whether that's through notifications, Live tiles on your Start screen, or directly within your communications applications. To help with this, we've added missed call and voicemail waiting indicators to the tabs inside the Phone app. Once you navigate to a tab with a missed call or voicemail – the indicator goes away. We've got another change coming that will keep the indicator in place until you navigate away from the tab. There is also a bug where you might not see the indicator clear right away – a fix is coming soon for this as well. Let us know what you think!
- Updates to Outlook Mail & Calendar: Yesterday, we released an update to the Outlook Mail & Calendar apps that introduces some new features and improvements. In Outlook Mail, you can turn off the message preview text in the message list (Settings > Reading > Conversation and turning "Show preview text" off). You can also quickly get rid of junk email in your inbox by pressing down on a message to bring up the context menu and choosing 'Move to Junk'. In Outlook Calendar, you can now let others know "I'll be late" directly from meeting notifications.
- Coming Soon – the Feedback Hub: When you open Insider Hub on this build, you will see a new welcome dialog for Feedback Hub. Coming in the next mobile and PC build – we are bringing together the Insider Hub and Windows Feedback apps into a single app called the Feedback Hub. The Feedback Hub carries over all of the best things from the previous two apps plus some new things Insiders will enjoy. For example, in addition to upvoting feedback, you will be able to also leave comments on feedback. We have also redesigned the homepage in Feedback Hub to bring together announcements and quests. Stay tuned as we'll have more to say about the Feedback Hub with the next builds for mobile and PC when the app is ready for Insiders to use.
Following are all the known issues in Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14283:
- We have updated the Bluetooth AVRCP profile on mobile to version 1.5. Some cars only tell Windows what they support and vice versa during the initial pairing ceremony. In order for this update to take full effect, you need to delete your existing Bluetooth pairing with your car and then re-pair. After doing so, if you notice any issues using media playback controls or missing artist or track info, please file a new feedback item including your car’s make, model, and year.
- If you have a Microsoft Band 1 or 2 paired to your phone, it will no longer sync after updating to this build due to a system API failure that occurs after the update. If you want to get your Band syncing with your phone again – you can temporarily change the language of your phone as a short term workaround until we release a fix. Additionally, you can also choose to reset your phone to get out of this state – however you may experience this update issue again with the next build until we fix this issue. This issue may also impact Skype video and audio calls.
- Connectivity to older Wi-Fi networks using the WEP encryption security method may be broken. WEP is an insecure method for protecting your Wi-Fi connection but a small percentage of Windows users still use it. A workaround would be to configure your wireless routers to use WPA or WPA2 or wait for the next Insider flight when this is fixed.
To learn more about what is fixed in this latest Windows 10 Mobile Redstone update sent out to the Fast ring, please check the official blog post published by Microsoft's Gabe Aul.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter