New Builds Released for Windows 10 PC and Mobile at the Same Time
We shared with you a leaked screenshot earlier that revealed that Microsoft is internally working on a new Windows 10 Mobile build. Windows 10 Mobile Insider users received a new build last Friday. But, as Microsoft is releasing builds with accelerated frequency this year, it isn’t unexpected to see new previews every few days. Today’s release brings one new feature and “two very important fixes” to the mobile operating system.
Microsoft has also released Windows 10 PC 14271 to its PC Insiders on the Fast ring, making it the first time that both the desktop and mobile operating systems have received new releases on the same day. Here is everything that’s new and fixed in the Windows 10 Mobile Redstone 14267.1004.
Windows 10 Mobile Redstone 14267.1004:
As previously reported, Microsoft is only releasing the new builds from its Development Branch to the devices that are shipped with Windows 10 Mobile. These devices include Lumia 950, 950 XL, 650, 550, and Xiaomi Mi4. The company has shared today that ALCATEL ONETOUCH Fierce XL is also being added to the list and will be receiving today’s preview.
Mobile Insiders received a new build only this Friday. Which is perhaps the reason why today’s Redstone release for Windows 10 Mobile is actually the same build with only “two very important fixes and one new feature:”
- We fixed the issue reported by Insiders in Build 14267 where the Lumia 550 no longer charges or connects via USB. If you hit this issue on your Lumia 550 – we have laid out guidance on various methods to get back into a good state here.
- We fixed the issue preventing Visual Voicemail notifications from happening.
- We’re introducing Visual Voicemail for dual-SIM devices such as dual-SIM Lumia 950 XL! Work for this feature was in Friday’s release but due to the above mentioned bug impacting notifications it was not working correctly. But now the experience should be working as expected.
- We’ve released an update to the People app that brings back the history feature. For a given contact you communicate with, you can view the interaction, whether by today, yesterday, last week etc. Right now, your Skype messages won’t show up in history yet but we’re working on enabling this in a future update. Also – we’re tracking a bug in which opening an email item in history might not take you to that specific email.
Windows 10 Mobile Redstone 14267.1004 known issues:
- If you have the Windows Feedback app pinned to Start, after upgrading from Build 10586.107 it will no longer show as pinned.
- We are seeing reports from Windows Insiders of issues connecting to wireless displays. We’re investigating.
- When using Continuum on the Lumia 950 XL – the trackpad experience is not working correctly.