Microsoft Releases Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.71 Bringing Tons of Bug Fixes
Microsoft has finally pushed out a new Insider Preview build to Windows 10 Mobile Fast ring members.
Windows 10 Mobile 10586.71:
Microsoft has rolled out Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview build 10586.71 to the Fast ring members of the Insider program. This update brings a number of fixes, performance enhancements and some improvements to the Edge browser. Windows 10 PC also received a cumulative update last week carrying the same build number. While Windows 10 Mobile users were also expected to receive this build on the same day, it has finally arrived today. Making up for the delay, Mobile users will be pleased to learn that this new build brings tons of bug fixes.
Microsoft’s Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.71 is a preview of a cumulative update coming to non-Insider users soon and includes quite a lot of bug fixes and improvements as shared by Microsoft:
- Windows Update performance and reliability improvements
- Improvements in migration of data profiles and messaging settings when upgraded from Windows Phone 8.1.
- SensorCore API’s are now upgraded correctly from Windows Phone 8.1; allowing applications, including many fitness applications, to correctly access movement data.
- SD card detection has been improved on boot and after insertion; File Explorer now handles the removal of an SD card when the default for apps or photos are set to SD.
- Improvements in the Edge browser, including PDF rendering.
- Bluetooth improvements when re-connecting to already paired devices and cars; turn by turn directions, and when using Cortana with the Microsoft Band.
- Improvements in Settings when downloading Maps or changing Quick Settings.
- Reinstalling Groove Music from the Windows Store no longer causes DRM music playback issues. Groove Music local song collections are now more quickly imported within the application
- Device power improvements after listening to music, after missed phone calls when iris detection is disabled, and when downloading updates.
- In app purchases now work correctly when cellular data is disabled.
- Improvements to the reliability of Kids Corner.
Microsoft is expected to roll out Windows 10 Mobile to Windows Phone devices early this year. Last week’s reports revealed that the Insider builds will now be tested on the latest lot of Lumia devices (already on Windows 10 Mobile) before being tested by other users.