Microsoft Releases Another Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Build to the Fast Ring
Microsoft's Windows development team has been releasing a new Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Preview build every few days now. The next version of Windows 10 is expected to be rolled out to the public next month. The OS will be released in multiple phases as Microsoft has done in the past to iron out any compatibility issues during the initial phase, however, the company does try to fix most of the issues during the insider testing process.
The last couple of Preview builds have also focused on bug fixes and improvements. This is the reason why Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Preview builds are no longer being sent out those who had signed up for the Skip Ahead branch of Windows testing. Today's Windows 10 Insider Preview build 16278 for PC is only available to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Microsoft has said that the Fast ring should expect to receive new builds "more quickly" than before and that Skip Ahead will receive test builds for the next version of Windows 10 (RS4).
Here's what's fixed in today's Windows 10 Preview build 16278:
- We fixed an issue where upgrading to recent flights would fail if you had a speech for a secondary language installed.
- We fixed an issue where printing from 32-bit apps running on 64-bit versions of the OS was broken when using v3 print drivers on recent builds.
- The ability to take HDR screenshots on your PC via the Xbox app has been removed starting with this build. We plan to re-introduce this feature again in the future.
- We fixed an issue resulting in drag and drop onto websites intermittently not working in Microsoft Edge.
- We fixed an issue where Microsoft Edge would crash after choosing to pin certain websites to Start.
- We fixed an issue where a tab in Microsoft Edge could get in a state where it displayed a tab preview thumbnail even though your mouse wasn’t hovering over the tab.
- We fixed an issue in Microsoft Edge for certain websites where after watching an embedded video full screen then using Esc to return to the page would result in the video controller no longer being visible.
- We fixed an issue in Microsoft Edge where pasting an image to Imgur.com from your clipboard wouldn’t work.
- We fixed an issue where the Emoji Panel’s tooltips could become mixed up.
- We fixed an issue from recent flights resulting in precision touchpads potentially dropping gestures after coming out of sleep.
- We fixed an issue where the battery flyout might incorrectly show “PC not charging” while the device was changing in recent builds.
- We fixed an issue where fonts using shortcuts would become unusable and disappear from the Fonts folder.
- We fixed an issue resulting in multiple apps crashing in the previous flight if you tried to log into the app using Facebook.
- We fixed and issue where Delivery Optimization Group Policy / MDM policy for DOMinFileSizeToCache was ignored and the service defaults were used instead.