Wccftech Reader Rig Contest [Fall 2018] – Fire Up Those Battlestations!
We’re intensely passionate about anything related to PCs and PC hardware. And we know that a lot of readers out there are very talented when it comes to putting together and building the rig of their dreams. Some of you may have put a lot of love and effort into expertly crafting their bastions of computing.
Our framerates are high, temperatures low – our multi-core, megawatt monsters max out even the most demanding modern titles. We overclock silicon, cool with water, add speed with lights. We build big, beautiful battle stations. We upgrade. Often. We love our PCs and take pride in their splendor. Therefore, it comes as no surprise that we want the world to know:
“I have the Nicest Rig in All of Wccftech v2.0” (Previous Contest)
So do you? Prove it ?
So we’re calling for submissions for the most gorgeous looking PC’s from you, our readers. Take a moment to send us a few photos of your glorious contraptions along with a small summary of specs and the work you’ve put into constructing it, and you could have a chance at winning some great awards. For starters, we are giving away a few Steam Gift cards to the best PC setups which you will be posting in the comments sections. Following are the rewards:
- 1 x $100 US Steam Gift Voucher
- 2 x $50 US Steam Gift Voucher
- 2 x $30 US Steam Gift Voucher
The Rules / How to Submit
The rules are very simple:
- Take a clear photograph of your rig and/or battle station with a piece of paper identifying yourself in the same frame. Write your USERNAME and the DATE on the paper and make sure it is legible in the photo. Feel free to take many photos for your submission. Please do be creative. As long as you don’t forget that USERNAME and the DATE. Any submissions that are not easily identifiable (i.e.: out of focus, poor cropping techniques that are meant to fool the viewer, and submissions without a written USERNAME/DATE) will be disqualified.
- In your post to the comment section, please make it clear which category you are submitting to. It’s fine to submit to all 3.
- List your specification in the same post if you so desire.
- Be kind and upvote rigs, Battlestations, and general creativity. These will not necessarily determine a winner, but it is a nice thing to do.
Though only a few can be Real Winners.
The Nicest Rig in All of Wccftech will consist of a few different categories.
These will include:
-Nicest Battlestation in All of Wccftech (Desk/Room Combo)
-Nicest PC in All of Wccftech (aesthetics)
-Nicest Enthusiast Rig in All of Wccftech (PC build/component selection)
-Nicest Budget Rig in All of Wccftech (PC build/component selection)
-Nicest GPU in All of Wccftech (aesthetics)
*It is possible for one or more categories to be added over time.
Bonus - Keith's PC!
Bonus - Hassan's PC!
In the End
This is merely a great opportunity to show off and just have a good time. I’d love to see people be creative with their submissions. Experiment with interesting angles, lighting, post effects, etc. Start a new narrative here, one of mutual respect and admiration for each other’s hard work.
Take the time to complement an impressive rig. Start a civil conversation with a fellow PC Gamer that you’ve never spoken to before. Because in the end, this contest is just for fun. Utilize the opportunity. Additionally, let's keep this a fun contest in which everyone gets the opportunity to join in. Enjoy!
Many thanks to Geno! for the pictures.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter